Modifications (re side table) of genesis ii 335 gas grill

Kyriacos

Hello guys! :)

Current Q2200 owner I fell in love with the genesis ii 335 gas grill and I am ready to pull the trigger – even though they are ripping us here in Cyprus as they are demanding a whopping €1.900 (around usd 2.100) for a E-335 :mad: but that’s another story…

The thing is I have limited space (around 47’’ width) and I really don’t want to downgrade.

The best/only solution is to leave the left hand side table unassembled but from what I’ve read leaving it unassembled technically voids the warranty on the unit, as it has only been designed and approved for use with all components in place.
My main concern is not the warranty but safety, functionality and performance of the grill. So I would love to hear your opinion and even better - if possible - your personal experience on the matter. Is it safe to use the grill without the side table? Would it affect the performance? Is anyone using it like that?

Thanks a lot!!

Well, as far as the warranty goes, I don't see how Weber would know if the left hand table was installed or not. I have not taken one apart or assembled one, but from what I can tell, I see no safety hazard that would arise from leaving it off. I really doubt you will find many people that are using that way however due to the convenience of having that extra shelf space.

Good luck, keep us posted on what you decide on.

I agree 100% with Bruce. The table is just to make things easier - which it does in my opinion. But if space is scarce, I don’t see any issue in leaving it off. Just don’t misplace it so that you can put it back on if your circumstances change or you decide to sell it. There was somebody near me who had an ‘05 Genesis Platinum (stainless frame version)that looked decent but they had long ago removed one of the side tables. The replacement cost for that severely reduced the value of that grill.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree 100% with Bruce. The table is just to make things easier - which it does in my opinion. But if space is scarce, I don’t see any issue in leaving it off. Just don’t misplace it so that you can put it back on if your circumstances change or you decide to sell it. There was somebody near me who had an ‘05 Genesis Platinum (stainless frame version)that looked decent but they had long ago removed one of the side tables. The replacement cost for that severely reduced the value of that grill.

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts :)
I guess i will have to try it and see what happens! Fingers crossed
I will wait a bit longer before purchasing the grill so if anyone else has something to add he/she is more than welcome to do so!
I will definitely keep the table Jon! Thanks

Back