Antone modified a regular kettle to be placed in a Performer?

Stefan H

TVWBB Guru
I found a brand new blue bowl and lid of a kettle today which I could buy cheap. It is not the bowl of a performer but I wonder if I could modify it to fit a performer. I have a Performer with a black kettle which I would love to replace with something more colorful. There is a company who makes the brackets. I could cut of the handles and drill all the extra holes to fit the brackets and the lid slider.
Is it a sacrilege to do this or should I just use the blue kettle differently? I just love the color.

Yes more shots Rick! The brothers Johnny, Jack and Jim would be good too! Sorry, I’ll go to my corner now.
The brackets from “Unknown” look just as well made as their hinges! And they’re so easy to work with!

You'd also need to cut a hole for the burner tube if your current Performer has gas assist and you want to keep it.

Yes Dave I know. My Performer does not have the gas assist. But drilling in a brand new kettle just hurts too much. So I decided against it. Found a used lime green crate and barrel Performer today. It was more expensive than what I was originally willing to pay but they are rare. So now I need to find a project for that awesome blue kettle.

Back