Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Craig’s list scores

Best Craig’s list scores

Bought my first Craig’s List grill 5 years ago.
    5 Weber gas grills , one kettle, one broilmate gas & a Hasty-Bake charcoal.
    In my area a decent restorable grill only shows up twice a year.
    I’ve kept 3
    A almost new Hasty-Bake for $100
    A Weber S-330 in good shape ( had to convert from NG to LP) for $100
    A Genesis Red-Head that I did a frame off restoration on , got too much invested ( time & money) to ever part with it.

https://imgur.com/a/xeONN39
    New Braunfels El-Dorado, 18 WSM, Weber Q220, Mini WSM (Gold) Genesis S-330, Black & Gold Q320, Large homemade smoker at hunt camp

TVWBB All-Star
    Nice job I would like to have a north south in my arsenal how does that one cook.

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian Rich Dahl's Avatar
    Same thing here in the high country of AZ, not much to chose from. Most of mine came from Phoenix which can be as much as a 275 mile round trip. That's why I gave up flipping grills. after two years of doing restores I figure we just broke even at best.
    But I did end up with some nice grills I got really cheap for our personal collection. a brand new blue performer that was never used and three years old for $65 also a two year old E320 NG that's our outside oven in the summer and quick cooker in the winter for $125. The best was our 18.5 WSM that was used once for $25. All on Craig's list. As a matter of fact all of our ten grills and smokers were found on CL.
    "Rescuing just one dog won't change the world, but it surely will change the world for that one dog."

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B Atlanta View Post
    Nice job I would like to have a north south in my arsenal how does that one cook.
    Most of my grilling on a Gas grill is searing
    Cook a lot of salmon Med -rare, tuna rare , & white meat fish done.
    Gets very hot/ grates don’t stick,
    Unfortunately cooks better than my Red restored genesis
    New Braunfels El-Dorado, 18 WSM, Weber Q220, Mini WSM (Gold) Genesis S-330, Black & Gold Q320, Large homemade smoker at hunt camp

I think most of us lost track on our good CL, FB marketplace, Offerup scores. There just have been too many. All my current personal grills are made off cheap used finds. I would never buy a new one again. On the other hand the bargain hunt can get addictive. 😂

Best ever was the free stainless 330 I posted a couple of weeks ago.
    I hope all of us that frequent the resale pages had a great weekend.
    There was some serious garage cleaning going on here in KC.
    I didn't manage to get anything that would crack my 10 best ever list
    but some very decent scores none the less.
    Two newer Sprit E210s
    Q2000 with cart and cover.
    Black lid/Silver C
    Green 18" One Touch Gold
    22.5 WSM
    Unfortunately these will all be sitting a while before I have the time to
    turn them around.
    E330 1997 Genesis 1000 Blue Performer wsm22 :wsm18: :wsm14: 1983 Red Head Chiefs NFL Edition

New Member Brian L in Louisville's Avatar
    My best score was a 1997 Genesis 3000 LX (in my profile pic) for 50 bucks! It was garage kept and only used by a little ol' lady to grill her for her church group on Sunday's. Ha! I bought it in 2006 and it is still my "go-to" grill. There's just something about it that seems sturdier than the newer models.

My best score was a Silver B that was not only free but also came with the rare blue hood. That was the grill that started it all for me (and this site of course).
    22" Kettle Premium | 26" Kettle Premium | '00-'01 Genesis Platinum C, 13 bar (Budweiser) | '05 Genesis Platinum C (open cart) | Q1200

I found an Old Country Brazos offset stick burner. Sells new at Academy for $1,000 + delivery. My find was 5 months old, owner said he cooked on it three times. I had no reason to not believe that, after I cleaned it up, it was like new. Could even see where the factory sticker had been on the cook chamber lid.

I got it for $600. I could sell it today for that , easily. Gave me a chance to see what I thought about smoking with a stick burner, at basically no financial risk.

But I like it, if anything , I sell it and trade up.
    2002 18" WSM , 1999 22 Kettle , 1983 Smokey Joe , 2019 26" Kettle , 2016 Spirit 3 Gasser , Old Country Brazos offset smoker

TVWBB Pro
    The best score was the first one I ever brought home for rehabbing. It was the Skyline I cleaned up and gave to my sister. It was a first come first serve curb find, and in a condition that nothing had to be replaced, only cleaned up and painted.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast