Early Easter Brisket

Dustin Dorsey

TVWBB Hall of Fame

We decided to have our Easter festivities early this year and I cooked a brisket.

A nice 13.2 prime brisket

I trimmed way more aggressively than I normally do.

Seasoned with some Kosmos Q SPG and Meat Church Holy Cow

Cooked overnight in the WSM. Here's me representing with my Virtual Weber Bullet shirt in the reflection.

Finshed Brisket

Some super gooey mac and cheese that my wife made.

Gotta have her homemade yeast rolls.

sliced shot

Point fell apart on me a little, probably because of how I trimmed it. Still really juicy and delicious.

End cut. Got a nice smoke ring.

That is perfect! Now I'm going to enjoy our ham and rotisserie turkey breast a little less.

While that looks awfully tasty..... no reason to not enjoy yours any less. Hope everybody has a happy Easter.

I've got prime rib, baked beans, mac & cheese and cauliflower for the smoker today (beans have been in since 0645.) Rib roast will go in around noon to 1:00 PM, and the mac & cheese & cauliflower need less than an hour right before dinner.

That's quite a feast Dustin. Everything looks delicious. I've had good luck with Swift briskets. Can't always find them however. You got some great looking bark on the brisket as well. Sides look amazing as well. Nice job all around!

Very nice brisket, been trying to get to the bottom of my freezer beef and you are making me want to tackle the briskets in there pretty soon....

That looks spot-on! Well done!

I have to cook another brisket again. It's tough w/ softball and baseball going on. :(

Back