Smoker cart for WSM 14.5

JRobes

Good morning guys and gals.

Each year my city has a "citywide spring clean up" where everyone in town can put whatever junk they no longer want from their house at the curb and the city comes by and picks it up for free. Now, if you love old Weber Genesis grills (which we all do), this is a gold mine for free refurb opportunities. In previous years I've picked up several good condition genesis grills that only needed some new grates, or burners, etc and this year was no exception. Found a pretty retro model, don't think I've ever seen a lid like it, but someone else already beat me to it and stripped it of a bunch of parts. All in all, it probably would have taken $150 in parts to get going again, so decided to finally make a smoker cart for my WSM 14.5. Simple, cheap, and effective, and using it this morning for a brisket.

Y9UV9lMh.jpg

2zZ64mGh.jpg

Last edited:
Looks really good! Curious why you didn't center it between the frame?, and those legs look a little unstable.:)

Tim

Nice work. I was planning on doing something similar until I realized that my Weber portable charcoal table also will fit the 14WSM. Saved me a ton of work....... Yours looks cooler though.

Creative! I like it, now I might just have to keep an eye out for a donor frame to do that for my 18.5 WSM. Put some side curtains on for wind deterrent and I think I like it more than I was originally considering. Hmmm...

Looks really good! Curious why you didn't center it between the frame?, and those legs look a little unstable.:)

Tim

I offset the base to the right so that I can fit the charcoal chimney starter and other supplies next to the smoker base on the lower rack, wouldn't have fit if I centered it. The legs actually fall into the bottom shelf's wires pretty well, didn't have any issues with it trying to shift around on me while smoking or wheeling the cart back to the garage.

Creative! I like it, now I might just have to keep an eye out for a donor frame to do that for my 18.5 WSM. Put some side curtains on for wind deterrent and I think I like it more than I was originally considering. Hmmm...

I don't know that the 18.5 would fit between the cart's top frame rails, if it does it'll be CLOSE.

Last edited:

Back