Need a little help on pricing my one touch deluxe with kettle pizza

Rich Dahl

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
I've restored and sold quite a few gassers but only one kettle and that was a silver nothing special. We've had the grill for about two years and used it once for pizzas. Barb and I were talking about pizzas and both agreed using the performer with a pizza stone creates a pizza that is perfectly acceptable to us with out the hassle of the kettle pizza. So it's time to say goodbye to the platypus and the kettle pizza.
The platypus is like new and I will put a new cooking grate in it. It's somewhat rare, as I understand it the grill was only made for two years.
So my question is what do you guys that deal with kettles think the combination would be worth. Right now Amazon has the KP for $139.
Thanks in advance for any help you can give us.

43550704631_34c759de96_z.jpg
[/url]100_3624 by Richard Dahl, on Flickr[/IMG]

Rich,
I wish we weren’t two thousand miles apart:eek:! That is a sweet rig and in that condition I think I would go for at least $250 to $275. Need to make an ad with really good pictures to show that it is in almost new condition. I managed to find one of those grills, but mine was not nearly so nice. I think I paid $100 as is. It is one of my many piled up projects to make it look nice, although I already use it just fine.

I have only made charcoal grill pizza once with my friend supplying the stone and using my Green Egg. I have always been attracted to that Kettle Pizza since it looks like it makes a lot of sense. Are you of the opinion that using a stone on a regular kettle without the Kettle Pizza is just about as good?

Rich,
I wish we weren’t two thousand miles apart:eek:! That is a sweet rig and in that condition I think I would go for at least $250 to $275. Need to make an ad with really good pictures to show that it is in almost new condition. I managed to find one of those grills, but mine was not nearly so nice. I think I paid $100 as is. It is one of my many piled up projects to make it look nice, although I already use it just fine.

I have only made charcoal grill pizza once with my friend supplying the stone and using my Green Egg. I have always been attracted to that Kettle Pizza since it looks like it makes a lot of sense. Are you of the opinion that using a stone on a regular kettle without the Kettle Pizza is just about as good?

I guess that we are more used to just a kettle and a stone we've done it that way for a lot of years. Also we are both in our 70s so the taste buds aren't what they used to be. I think the biggest thing I noticed when we got the KP was the texture of the crust was better because of the higher heat of the KP. But the down side for me was it's a pain to turn the pies in the KP and even using a peel it was sometimes difficult getting them out of the KP.
I like pizza but I'm not in pursuit of the perfect pie.

Back