Weber Spirit NG grill not getting to temp

Duke Shob

My buddy give me a Weber Spirit NG Grill, 300 series 2013/2017. He only used it a season and a half. He was having trouble getting it to temp, only reaches about 300 degrees. It is just like new but has the temp problem. I took it apart and cleaned the manifold, burner tubes, blew out all the lines with a air compressor, ran brushes through everything i could. Put it back together and it went to 350 degrees. Started over, did everything more thoroughly and this time i also took the valves apart. They looked brand new inside. I blew them out, sprayed with brake cleaner, ran a brush in them, made sure all the orifices were open. Put it back together, and the first time it went to 450 degrees. second time it went 400 degrees. Takes it about 20/30 to get there.
So here I am asking the experts. Is there any ajustments I can make? Adjust opening on spider screens? I am puzzled, everything is like new. Do I buy new parts, which ones?
I would appreciate any advice!

Thanks, Duke

Last edited:
Duke:
Larry Michaels is the gas expert on TVWBB. Based on what you have posted it appears to be a consistent issue across all burners/valves. Perhaps a partial blockage in the 3/8" x 1/8" brass fitting which attaches the gas line to the manifold. Another possibility would be a partial obstruction in the 10 ft. hose or the male fitting that plugs into your gas source quick disconnect. Another possibility is hose damage internally from hard kinking or being pinched.

Last edited:
Another possibility is it is not a NG grill but and LP grill some bozo stuck a NG hose on to. The results are pretty consistent with that

Larry may be on target and correct. Looking back, it hasn't been mentioned if the buddy was the original owner or he changed things. Trying the register the grill with Weber using the serial number and then a call to them should clear that issue up one way or the other. Based on another thread of going from LP to NG on a 320, Larry pointed out performance doing the orifice changes required to get close to normal performance. Hope Duke shares his results for dealing with Weber on this issue. In any event, Duke should be able to resolve the issue if that is the case either by changing to the correct manifold route or orifice replacement.

Back