Wings and ABT's and Breasts ... ohh my

Lynn Dollar

TVWBB Emerald Member
I loaded down the Kettle this evening. Wings and ABT's , and then we had some chicken breast fillets leftover from feeding our sick pug. She had stomach problems last weekend and we had to feed her a diet of chicken and rice. Soooo, she got well quick and we had little strips of chicken breast left .... which got done quickly using the vortex.

I used cherry wood, which the aroma of cherry is sooooooo good, we sat on the patio and took that in ............

Beginning and end of the cook, sorry I don't have pics of the wings plated, but too many beers ................... :)

o4P3HT3.jpg

BlUX19U.jpg

Lynn, you did fantastic and it all looks delicious. Those wings and ABT's are spot on. What we do for our 4 legged kids, glad the pup is better.

Really like this post Lynn. Your photos are excellent and the cook looks delicious. I'd sure like to see more of your cooks in the Photo Gallery! Nice job.

Lynn;
That’s a GREAT looking cook! It perfectly illustrates exactly why I believe that the Vortex is the best accessory a person can have for their Kettle!

Keep on smokin’,
Dale53

Did same cook again last evening, and had a grease fire from the bacon drippings. But it was well after I'd pulled the meat. I had the lid off and brushing down the cooking grate when it started on the edge of the vortex.

In this pic, can see on the left, the dark spot on the foil where it spread. Was easy to put out, just snuffed it with the lid and closing bottom vent, but its something to be concerned with and be watchful.

Q5bJZqg.jpg

Back