Genesis E-330 Broken Knob

JacobE

I have a genesis E-330 and one of the big knobs came off. The gold colored metal peice marked with 84512, spring, and black rubber gasket also came out. I tried putting it back in but it just turns and turns and doesnt seem to catch. Picture of the parts below. How do I fix this?

cAc479h.jpg

Jacob:
Kelvin sent you a great video on how to get to the valve. I have a suspicion that something either unscrewed off the valve body or a clip. A great place to check would be on that lower panel under the valves or inside the rubber gasket. Otherwise, you will need to replace the valve. Try getting a new one under warranty from Weber.

Jacob,

I am not sure but if you are the original owner I am going to be really shocked (angry:mad:?) if Weber doesn't make that right for you. You need to go online at Weber.com and set up an account and register the grill first.

Jacob,

I am not sure but if you are the original owner I am going to be really shocked (angry:mad:?) if Weber doesn't make that right for you. You need to go online at Weber.com and set up an account and register the grill first.

I am the original owner. I did order a replacement part from grillParts.com and I reached out to weber to see if they could do anything for me.

Let us know if Weber helps you out... Did you go to Weber and register your Grill...? I think many here are following to see if Weber helps you...Thanks

I know the Gas knob would be turned .. ON and then OFF multiple times... but i have had my E 320 for more then 10 Plus years and have never had a problem. There will soon come a time when parts will no longer be available and discontinued... ouch.

Jacob: I would pursue Weber to get another valve under warranty once you get it registered. At least you will have a spare on hand should another valve fail.

Kelvin: Other than trim pieces, parts for our grills will be around for a long, long time, especially if we keep maintaining our valves. Our biggest concern will be looking out for rust in the lower cabinet/caster areas.

I did file a support case with Weber to see if they will send a new valve. I think the valve is only 2 yr warranty however....

Back