Hello from Staten Island, NY

PaulNY

Hey there,

My name is Paul and I am new to the group. A little background, got into the smoking scene a few years ago, bought a cheap Brinkman, and smoked a pork shoulder. Although, it was delicious, as i'm sure many of you know, the Brinkman is made like crap. I went through 2 bags of charcoal trying to keep the temp steady. If i wanted to keep smoking, I know i had to get something better. After doing much research, I purchased a WSM 18". I absolutely love it! I use it many times a year, and although its easy to use I try to challenge myself, find new, different ways to smoke. I purchased a house 2 years ago, and you would think I learned my lesson. Nope! I bought a char-broil grill. Although it wasn't the cheapest one they make, it was not expensive. Fast forward many months, and at the end of last summer I decided enough was enough. Char-broil another cheaply built grill. As much as I would clean it, it just wasn't clean. I've had so many flare-ups from the grease that just sits there and doesn't funnel away to the drip cup. Yes, not a drip pan, but a cup. So last week I purchased a Weber Genesis II E-310 propane. It was delivered on Sunday, threw on burgers and all I can say is WOW. I should have bought this from the start! It's so easy to use, and most importantly so easy to clean. Very very happy with this purchase. Anyway, I look forward to using it for many many years and look forward to posting in this forum in the future. Happy Grilling!

Back