Reminder about Restaurant Depot for KCBS members

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
Just a reminder...one benefit of Kansas City BBQ Society membership is free access to Restaurant Depot. With 134 locations across the US, RD has a good selection of Angus briskets, bone-in pork butts, pork ribs, beef short ribs, and more. I stopped by this afternoon for just 1 package of bone-in pork butts...no purchase is too small! My store is very welcoming of KCBS members, so don't be shy about taking advantage of this valuable perk of membership.

https://www.kcbs.us/
https://www.restaurantdepot.com/locations/find-a-warehouse

715NtnD.jpg

q7pRe1p.jpg

I too <3 RD.

I've bought a ton of frozen Tuna steaks (both 4 oz & 6 oz portions), they have a decent cheese selection. 50# bags of onions for $8? Check. 10" sashimi knife? Check. 4 kinds of pizza peels or a bunch of pizza screens? Yep.

It's the cheapest place I've found tri tips........nice meat selection. I usually just walk in the meat & refrigerated section, then past the freezers for seafood, ravioli, etc.

Condiments seem bigger than costco (bbq sauce by the gallon).

Gigantic packs of salad greens.... 2x the size I remember from costco, and only ~$5. That alone should get me in there once a week.

"no purchase too small" :) neither are their carts - the only carts I've seen at the one near me are the same as what's between the 2 roll-up doors in Chris' picture........ I feel a little strange rolling up to the checkstands with just a couple items on the top shelf. I don't understand their business model but I'll take it.

Would love to take advantage of it but the nearest one to us is a 200 mile round trip to Phoenix.

1. Harry Soo has made a few recent videos using AMAZING cuts of meat that he says he bought at RD (& Costco)
2. Until now, I had no idea there was a RD so close to me - 3 miles & right through the block from where I used to work - thanks Chris!
3. Do ya think they'll let me in with a kcbs "guest" membership? 😜

The closest branch is about an hour away.
What are the advantages in becoming a KCBS member? I’m not interested in competition but, curious what the perks are?

The closest branch is about an hour away.
What are the advantages in becoming a KCBS member? I’m not interested in competition but, curious what the perks are?

Those are a little more difficult to suss out. But follow the link that Chris posted to KCBS, one of the buried links is a perks list.

There are a couple of RD's in the Twin Cities, and I've been jonesin' since we moved to MN for a real restaurant supply (USFoods... useful, but not so much.) I'm probably going to ante up just for this.

Outside of the RD deal, I’m not seeing much of anything that makes me want to fork over $40.00. Like I say, I have no interest in competition, or being a judge. So, I’m not sure it’s a justifiable expense, I’m perfectly willing to hear opinions on the matter.

It's a pass, good for one day with the ability of being repeated. So... Monthly, every 2 weeks....

Back