Need Parts for 56" Vieluxe Grill

Ralph L

Hello,

I need the following parts for my 56" Vieluxe natural gas grill:

* Three Flavorizer Bar Zone Assemblies

* Two Flavorizer Bars

* Left and Right burner tubes

* Mainfold assembly for burner tube

If anyone knows who may have these parts it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Ralph

rjl@rjl-ltd.com

Ralph, that is going to be a tough and probably expensive rehab project. Hopefully someone here has a line on some of those parts for you, but I haven't heard of anyone doing a rehab on a Vieluxe lately. If you can get that sucker back in good working shape, you will have a very nice rig however.

I would not be surprised if some of the parts had commonality to the 1st generation Summit grills as they were based on them or vice' versa' maybe the 1st gen Summit was based as less costly version of the Vieluxe. Good luck!

I agree with Bruce I did some searching today on parts for those grills came up with almost nothing I assume you started with Weber with no success. Its' good you posted here maybe someone might have a parts grill but I think that maybe unlikely due to the cost of those to begin with.

Maybe Stephen from Australia will chime in if not PM him appears the flavorizer bars are an issue for sure.

https://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?73436-Vieluxe-56-quot-Grill-Parts&highlight=vieluxe

I saw some information that someone with the internet name of Rcplanebuyer makes parts for this grill. I sent him a message on Ebay today.

Thanks for the assistance.

Ralph

Ralph,

He is a favorite here. Too bad you contacted him through eBay because if you contact him directly he can give you a better deal without the eBay fees. You can get to him directly by going to Craigslist San Francisco Bay area.

He can definitely make flavorizer bars - probably better than original. On the burners and other parts, you will probably have to search long and hard. The Vieluxe is, by all accounts, the crowning Weber achievement but totally orphaned. I hope you are successful. Maybe you can post some pictures for us to see!

Weber made a ton of burners lengths. Not sure what burner type Vieluxe takes but if is regular Weber you may be able to match the size.
Manifold maybe Summit has similar. If is just the valves you may be able to find these individually I wonder if Summit used the same.

Ralph I agree with what Jon said its going to be quite a search for what you are looking for and all of us hope you find what you need but again pm Stephen as he was restoring one and there were some Summit parts as Larry said that will work.

The fact that 6k to 8k grills were orphaned by Weber is pretty horrifying if you think about it the Summit disaster is bad enough buy that grill supposedly had a lifetime warranty from what I read but hopefully it works out for you.

I checked Craigslist San Francisco Bay area. How do I find the information for Rcplanebuyer?

Does anyone have his e-mail address?

Thank you,

Ralph

Just as a heads up, Dave Santana - rcplanebuyer on eBay - has asked that we contact him through Craigslist rather than his personal email. I have used his email in the past, but he does usually respond to the CL emails.

His Craigslist contact is in the parts thread. However I put his eBay contact there also. And I am under the impression he would rather be contacted through Craigslist. Should I remove the Ebay link?

I think he asks to be contacted through CL to help "us" meaning his customers. If you contact him through ebay you just have to pay more. He's trying to be helpful, but as we have all experienced in life if you ask for something and people don't do it then you can't be responsible for the effects. Meaning, you will pay more. Not a judgement, just probably a practical thing. He says to contact him through Craigslist.

If you go through Ebay you will have to pay the fees.

Slainte!

I should add that once you can correspond with him, he is the absolute master of high quality stainless steel fabrication for grills. He's fabbed burner tubes for Juniors and generally is regarded as the high class parts source that most here use for their personal grills due to the price, which is higher than most Chinese aftermarket vendors, but here you are paying for a quality part American made. The Vieluxe falls into that category, so I'd approach and engage him as he instructs and then work with him to achieve your goals!

Slainte!

Tim

Yah, he doesn't want his personal email address given out. Please don't do it if you have it. And as others have stated, always find his CL listing and contact him through that because as suggested above, he can offer you a lower price. If you use Ebay, he is bound by his contract with Ebay to use Ebay for any transactions which will incur more expense for him. If he can avoid the Ebay fees, he passes most if not all the savings on to you, the customer.

Yeah he's pretty weird about contact. He ends up contacting you through one of his personal emails once you've made intentions clear about what you want/need done. But, if you need or want to speak to him good luck. No matter how much you ask he will not call you back. Only email. A little maddening, BUT his work is pretty much flawless and a good value. I won't divulge the amount but the price he charged me for custom building the grates for my Wolf was very reasonable given that I asked him to keep spacing tight (about 1/4"), 3/8" rod, and so on. Even his shipping was reasonable (though I think my USPS delivery person got a hernia). His turnaround time also was very good. He's just a little overly "private" though not sure why.

That is the problem with the CL approach is that it changes every so often. What I have done is gone to the SF bay area CL and searched for Flavorizer bars and you will find one of his listings (it will be in Burlingame).

Here is a screen shot, clicking on the circled listing will give you the opportunity to contact him through CL mail. Just tell him what you are looking for even if it isn't flavorizer bars. He will verify what you need and give you a quote.

Ayn71KA.jpg

Back