Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Need Parts for 56" Vieluxe Grill

TVWBB All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Tofte View Post
    Wow, Ryan! That is totally awesome! GREAT JOB on a very, very special grill.

I tagged under "restored other grills"
    Have to agree with Jon and others what a beautiful grill if you don't mind sharing as not seen many in the ATL what kind of money is reasonable for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B Atlanta View Post
    Have to agree with Jon and others what a beautiful grill if you don't mind sharing as not seen many in the ATL what kind of money is reasonable for them.
    I bought this one a few years ago off Craigslist for $600 and got the last of some of the Weber through warranty. They didn’t have the flavor bars so I had rcplanebuyer make them. The dual side burners seem commercial grade.

TVWBB All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Hansmoke View Post
    I bought this one a few years ago off Craigslist for $600 and got the last of some of the Weber through warranty. They didn’t have the flavor bars so I had rcplanebuyer make them. The dual side burners seem commercial grade.
    Thanks for response even if you put $400 into it on top of that you have a lifetime grill that is a Mercedes or better. I can't imagine the bars were inexpensive but for that grill sure it was worth every dime.

Those were beautiful examples of wonderful grilling machines. Too bad they kept making stuff cheaper and cheaper. IIRC those came out before the Summit series and the Summit was a cheaper alternative to these. So there is a lot of this grill's DNA in the 1st gen Summits

That grill looks brand new, Ryan!
    Did you do anything to bring the luster back on the black trim parts? Mine are kind of faded.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Jenkins View Post
    That grill looks brand new, Ryan!
    Did you do anything to bring the luster back on the black trim parts? Mine are kind of faded.
    My black trim parts weren't too faded since the grill was under a cover its whole life. One trick I learned detailing engines is to use lemon pledge aerosol spray for rubber and trim. As long as it's not used anywhere inside the grill or on the side burner, it will be OK to use. Give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Hansmoke View Post
    Give it a try.
    I will. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by LMichaels View Post
    IIRC those came out before the Summit series and the Summit was a cheaper alternative to these. So there is a lot of this grill's DNA in the 1st gen Summits
    First appearance of Summit was 1997. It was advertised in Winter 1997 issue of Weber Grill-Out Times.

The introduction of Vieluxe was 2001.

"In 2006, a Weber insider told The Virtual Weber Bulletin Board that the key factor to the demise of Vieluxe was the high cost of hand fabrication. In 2005, Weber Summit Platinum stainless steel grills could be manufactured using the same tooling as the Summit Gold but at a fraction of the cost of Vieluxe. Not that these were comparable grills in any way, but time shows us that people voted with their wallets. Weber Summit grills are still with us today and Vieluxe is but a distant memory."

Yep that looks viable. Still looks like both the Vielux and Summit 1st gen shared a lot of their DNA though

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456