htL06C0.jpg

lk0cRhk.jpg

yRtOCPl.jpg

And compared to standard 6.8 cfm damper
fw8N92P.jpg

Settings....(A work in progress)
yyrLoVm.png

Last edited:
I printed this out. This thing is HUGE! I ordered a fan just in case I obtain a smoker in the future that's worthy of it. Awesome job, JLands. Thanks for keeping it open source.

Just curious, what are the min fan settings for this unit? Going low seems to get the fan into a on/off state vs continuous slow running......

Gonna have to contemplate it for my monster. Shouldn't be too complicated, pull one of the bushings out of the 2" inlet, and use a straight pipe.

A friend of mine picked up a 3D printer and has been going gangbusters printing all sorts of stuff, wouldn't be much talking to get him to do it. I may even have the right fan here already, I know I've got servos.

Got to try this out tonight - needed to rocket my PitBoss up to 550 for a clean with the remnants of yesterdays lump from a brisket......
y4mzgyeEkC_G777hRt0it8Le0Mk6nlwk4lsl9367ZYY7f8IiZQ2Nv7wXmLi1mm79wHYyVtnIhy-_XcvZk0puhRC69oCe9bskHlArglsLVN4dp02gXGBYV6bDqlo6yfmXWPEhZo8Y-R0bRCi9kezVgeVvwBaCqHNCBqhXkEAKcAEsrU1e_rswssNgt2elOtz2Ttn_LGouxz9pI-Q4ce5g6F84A

Love it!

John

Care to share your settings.
Thx.

Pretty simple really..... 0-50% damper control. Above 50% fan on, max fan 100%. I can't remember the min settings but in testing, my particular fan seemed to not like much below 10% min. I had the top petals fully open.

Complete overkill for a PitBoss Kamado but it really accelerated up to 550d on little fuel - the MicroDamper just can't push that much air.

John.

Pretty simple really..... 0-50% damper control. Above 50% fan on, max fan 100%. I can't remember the min settings but in testing, my particular fan seemed to not like much below 10% min. I had the top petals fully open.

Complete overkill for a PitBoss Kamado but it really accelerated up to 550d on little fuel - the MicroDamper just can't push that much air.

John.

Thank you Sir.

@JLands
First, I Just wanted to say thanks for the design!

I'm using it with my smoker, with the recommended fan it's able to keep my big-ish reverse flow smoker very stable.

and a small feedback -
the adaptor for the 1" pick that fits into the lower part (where the fan is located) had to be epoxied into place in my case.
maybe add some kind of locking so it will be removable as designed but still held in place.
when i tried it for the first time (it snapped into place) - the unit fell from the adaptor after couple hours of use.

@JLands
First, I Just wanted to say thanks for the design!

I'm using it with my smoker, with the recommended fan it's able to keep my big-ish reverse flow smoker very stable.

and a small feedback -
the adaptor for the 1" pick that fits into the lower part (where the fan is located) had to be epoxied into place in my case.
maybe add some kind of locking so it will be removable as designed but still held in place.
when i tried it for the first time (it snapped into place) - the unit fell from the adaptor after couple hours of use.
Thanks

Back