Maverick ET-733 Problem

Richard Garcia

TVWBB All-Star
The rubber cover for the antenna on my Maverick ET-733 Temperature Gauge peeled-off which now exposes the "spring-type" Antenna. I tried to reposition this cover to no avail as it is broken, so, any of your suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

The rubber cover for the antenna on my Maverick ET-733 Temperature Gauge peeled-off which now exposes the "spring-type" Antenna. I tried to reposition this cover to no avail as it is broken, so, any of your suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Did you contact Maverick? I would think they would be the most knowledgeable on something like this.

I don't use my Maverick so much, now, but I did use it for a considerable length of time after I had the same experience and I did not notice any adverse signal performance. I think I may have tried super glue once, which didn't last because I had a tendency to place it in my pocket, so I just didn't worry about it. But if you want yours intact I'd say Lance has a good suggestion.

To update: I did get the following quick response from a Maverick Rep"

1. If still under their one(1) year Warranty to return it for a replacement. I bought my Maverick around three(3) years ago, so, this is not a viable option.
2. To use some "super glue" to attach the broken rubber cover piece in which I will give it a go.

On my next cook I will see how it functions in which the Maverick Rep stated that there is a very good chance that the broken rubber piece will not negatively affect it's operation.

I had two Mavericks fail at just over 2 years each. On good advice, got a Weber igrill. Into year 3, it has worked perfectly. It’s a shame because the Mavericks worked quite well.

Mark

Back