Saw this Genesis at Costco today

Jon K

TVWBB Super Fan
I don't know if this is a good deal or not. I saw it at the North Plainfield NJ location
7dfLZtN.jpg

ZN2cm7G.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting...I think it's a good deal since it's backed by Weber and now Costco.

Last edited:
Interesting. It has been years that I saw Weber grills at Costco. I can't read what the sign says on warranty. But Weber has 10 years now and Costco discontinued their live time return policy a few years ago.
I also wonder what the S-345 is. Weber has an S-335 on their website. But no S-345. Probably some Costco specific model.

Last edited:
Saw that in GA also. That model is for club warehouse only. You wont find it at HD or Lowes. They do that on purpose so you don't cross shop or compare prices. Sams and Costco do that with TV models all the time.

I guess I need to check our Costco too. Not that I want to buy one. For that price I can buy and restore at least 10 grills... lol

That is interesting. Did anyone notice that it INCLUDES an iGrill with 4 probes?

I still like that crimson open cart one on BBQGuys.com. It has the 9mm stainless grates, a handle light, sear burner...really nice! I would also like the same grill in the indigo color. They have those at Ace, but it comes with the cheaper cast iron grates.

None of these are in the cards for me. That's OK, because I still love the classic Genesis and enjoy seeing them restored. Maybe I can restore one of these in 2025;)!

Last edited:
After my last year's experience with old cheap grills and how easy they are to restore I have a problem spending $200 or more for a grill. Let alone $1K plus tax. No matter how good they are.

Weber at Costco

Saw that in GA also. That model is for club warehouse only. You wont find it at HD or Lowes. They do that on purpose so you don't cross shop or compare prices. Sams and Costco do that with TV models all the time.

Which store in GA had the Weber grill?

I just saw this the other day and had to go back and get it. I was due for a new one had my summit gold since 2006 so it was time. Cover included, igrill 3 with 4 probes, 10 year warranty, lighted control knobs.

I just saw this the other day and had to go back and get it. I was due for a new one had my summit gold since 2006 so it was time. Cover included, igrill 3 with 4 probes, 10 year warranty, lighted control knobs.

Welcome aboard Jim. Enjoy your new grill. I stopped and checked them out while I was at my local Costco also. But I've got so many girls now I can't justify picking one up.

When I was at Costco the other day, I noticed these grills have an opening on the back of the closed cart. Do you think this promotes ventilation that will help these closed carts last longer/rust less?

n3T4Goc.jpg

Went to our local Costco today. No Weber here. Just a huge “Signateur” and a 2 burner el Cheepo kitchenaid.

Went to our local Costco today. No Weber here. Just a huge “Signateur” and a 2 burner el Cheepo kitchenaid.
Did you look at that Signateur? I am baffled by the design. Underneath the grates, there is a giant stainless steel plate "flame tamer" that has no holes in it, it is solid end to end. It seems like it turns this "grill" it into a giant oven. Either I am missing something or what were they thinking?

Did you look at that Signateur? I am baffled by the design. Underneath the grates, there is a giant stainless steel plate "flame tamer" that has no holes in it, it is solid end to end. It seems like it turns this "grill" it into a giant oven. Either I am missing something or what were they thinking?

Pellet grills operate on the same principle.

Even on a Weber, the burner is separated from the cooking by a flavorizer bar - and in the case of the original Genesis TWO rows of flavorizer bars.

In the end you are not really cooking food with a flame but with high heat. IF this Signateur is capable of making high enough heat (which might take a while longer than some) then it could conceivably grill just fine. Some users seem to feel that it can't get hot enough. That could be that they didn't wait long enough or theirs was defective, but of course it could also be that the "single flavorizer" idea doesn't work well. I do have to admit that the other features of the grill are pretty impressive for the price.

Back