Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Saw this Genesis at Costco today

Hey Billy, since you got it from Costco maybe exchange it for another one? Not sure if it'd be a nuisance at this point but it is another option.
    22" Kettle Premium | 26" Kettle Premium | '00-'01 Genesis Platinum C, 13 bar (Budweiser) | '05 Genesis Platinum C (open cart) | Q1200

True, but then I'd have to completely dissemble it, and the boxes are already in the trash. :/

New member and very first post. Will make this purchase inspired by this thread. Glad to be a member.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy B View Post
    True, but then I'd have to completely dissemble it, and the boxes are already in the trash. :/
    If you had to disassemble for transporting it back to Costco I understand but if you have a truck, I would return it assembled. I saw two at the South Hill Puyallup Costco a couple days ago if you don't have any local.

Me personally, the issues your having would bug me and I would return it.

No truck, and that's okay. Weber is basically replacing all the parts with issues, outside of the mantle with the slightly crooked GS4 logo. And yeah, I know that one is silly, but after seeing it I can't stop seeing it. Oh well.

That being said, I'm generally impressed with their customer service. The majority of the people I spoke with were awesome and super helpful. Makes me feel good about my purchase.

I've done three cooks on this grill so far, and while it's going to take me some time to adjust from going from charcoal to gas, this thing gets super hot but has variable temps., the lighted dials will be great in the winter, and the stainless steel is easy to clean. Also be warned to future owners - my understanding is that the SS does scratch SUPER EASY. (this was noted by one of the Weber reps.)

Even though I had issues, due to Weber's customer support being pretty great, I'd still recommend.

Heat the logo up with a heat gun/hair dryer until the glue starts to release rotate the sticker and let cool.
    2019 Genesis II E-335

Quote Originally Posted by Billy B View Post
    No truck, and that's okay. Weber is basically replacing all the parts with issues, outside of the mantle with the slightly crooked GS4 logo. And yeah, I know that one is silly, but after seeing it I can't stop seeing it. Oh well.

That being said, I'm generally impressed with their customer service. The majority of the people I spoke with were awesome and super helpful. Makes me feel good about my purchase.

I've done three cooks on this grill so far, and while it's going to take me some time to adjust from going from charcoal to gas, this thing gets super hot but has variable temps., the lighted dials will be great in the winter, and the stainless steel is easy to clean. Also be warned to future owners - my understanding is that the SS does scratch SUPER EASY. (this was noted by one of the Weber reps.)

Even though I had issues, due to Weber's customer support being pretty great, I'd still recommend.
    I have experienced the same thing going from a Weber briquette kettle to the LP. It get's HOT and I have burned some food. That being said, the convenience of firing up the grill and ease of clean up has made it well worth the money. I'm starting to get the hang of it and really really like it.

Done a few more cooks and I am really enjoying the grill so far. Sear station is great, and did a number on some pork chops over the weekend. I also got all the replacement parts and will be putting everything together this weekend.

TVWBB Fan
    Just picked this up from my local Costco for $899.99. Looks like they're trying to get rid of remaining stock.

TVWBB Super Fan
    Thursday, they still had 6 on the floor at our Costco in Summerlin. I didn't catch the price on them since I was just grabbing a roasted chicken.
    Last edited by Dan Leighton; 08-03-2019 at 01:05 PM.
    2007 E-320 NG Genesis Blue Sidewinder

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast