Sugar Free Injection

Tim Layhee

Hey Ya'll. I am looking to do a Keto friendly pork butt smoke this coming weekend. I got the rub and I got the sauce I would like to use. Anyone have a killer sugar free injection in their back pockets?

Thanks in advance.

SmOkE OuT!!!! :wsm22::wsm22::wsm22:

I typically dissolve some of the rub I am using in apple juice for my injection. I know the apple juice contains some sugar but you could try using water instead of the juice.

What rub and sauce you using? Maybe some apple cider vinegar, rub and oil (like a vinaigrette) for the injection. Maybe a touch of honey?

Why inject? what benefits are you looking for? I don't inject but if I was looking to put in a deep flavor profile that would be the only thing I can think of. Having a good tool and very fine ingredients makes it easier to do. good luck

I also don't inject ( used to) and didn't notice any difference in taste or moisture.
Some of us use a finishing sauce, add a splash as your pulling.
I like that better, but if you wan't to inject I think Tom has the answer.

Tim

Thanks y'all. Just never used an injection before for pork butt so wanted to give it a shot. A picked up some Sweet Brine O Mine that I'm gonna try out this weekend. I'll try to remember to post pics and results when finished.

SmOkE OuT!!

I inject pork shoulders sometimes. I think the most important thing is to try to get some salt in there. I haven't thought of a good sugar free one but there's bound to be some goo ideas out there.

Back