The Virtual Weber Bullet The Virtual Weber Bullet
TVWB Homepage TVWB Product Info TVWB Cooking Topics TVWB Operating Tips & Mods TVWB Videos TVWB Resources TVWB Shopping
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Found - a drop-in disposable liner for the 18.5" WSM water pan

Chris,

Did you ever get the 14" liner? Curious to see how that fits the Brinkman pan. Thanks!

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by SKamp View Post
    Chris,

Did you ever get the 14" liner? Curious to see how that fits the Brinkman pan. Thanks!

Steve
    Yes, I did.

Here's how it looks when you drop it into the pan:

Here's how it looks when you press it down into the pan:

Here's how it looks when you fold the rim out, then fold it over the edge of the pan:

Remember, I've got two stacked Brinkmann pans to make the Piedmont pan, that's why you see two pans in these photos.

Chris,

Perfect. Appreciate you taking pictures. Seems like the 14" is the way to go if you have the Brinkmann pan.

Thanks!
    Steve

TVWBB Fan
    I finally got around to a smoke with the 12" pans I ordered from AMAZON. The ones I have a perfect fit for my Brinkmann bowls (the original water pan mod using Brinkmann charcoal bowls). The ones I bough were the "Campliner" brand and here is the amazon link, $16.99 for 12 pans:

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/A...2Y83NU/tvwb-20

Here they are with my Brinkmann pans. I just dropped it in, no pressing to fit and I did not try to fold out the rim. This is an "as is" fit. I had less than 1/4" to the bottom in mine so these may be a slight bit taller than the Camp Chef pans

I run 2 doubled Brinkmann pans (no air gap like in the Piedmont Mod). Less chance of a burn through in theory. I'm doing 2 large pork butts in the WSM for July 4th as an overnight cook. I put 1 3/4 gallons of water in the foil pan and had a little room left over for more if I wanted. Rock solid 225* with the BBQ Guru running the show for a long low and slow smoke.

Last edited by David Ward; 07-03-2019 at 08:14 PM.
    ------------------------
    David Ward

Summit S-670, Old style 18.5" WSM, Q100, Old school Weber go anywhere

The only advantage of the 14" liner is that it can cover the rim of the Brinkmann pan, if that's important to you, but you do have to work the edges of the liner to make it cover the rim.

Thanks. I'll have to look into this.
    18.5", 18.5", 14.5", Royal Oak Lump / Royal Oak All Natural Briquettes, Blue Genesis Silver C, Q1000

A followup to this post...

The Camp Chef 12" disposable Dutch oven liner worked GREAT as a disposable pan liner in the Winco 14.25" stainless steel mixing bowl in my 18.5" WSM. I left the greasy leftovers in the pan for 9 days and it did not eat through the aluminum pan as is often the case when using aluminum foil. Perfectly clean pan!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Allingham View Post
    Today I'm using a CampChef 12" disposable Dutch oven liner as a disposable water pan liner in the 18.5" WSM. I'm using it inside the Winco 14.25" stainless steel mixing bowl that I recently identified as an alternative to the extremely deep stock 18.5" WSM water pan. The bowl is discussed in this video: https://youtu.be/s_inq7MQka0

In one of these photos, you can see that I've also wrapped the bottom of the bowl with wide foil so that inside and out cleans up in a snap. I may have other uses for this bowl, so I don't want it caked with burned-on grease/smoke.

TVWBB Super Fan
    Thanks for the report!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123