Another Orphan Old Grill-A Ducane...Should I give it a chance?

Jon Tofte

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
I have no time, but this one is just in the next town. Fifty bucks - see ad "This was a very expensive piece..." (At least i have "local cash":eek:.)

https://treasure.craigslist.org/app/d/jupiter-propane-gas-grill-ducane/6849647911.html

SNtNVsr.jpg

bGxOBo0.jpg

Looks a lot like the Broilmasters I have done, except grates don't look promising. I am sure other parts are in need of replacement not to mention a LOT of cleaning. Somehow these orphans seem to find me no matter where I hide.

Forget about it:confused:?????

I wouldn't consider that even if I was open to grills other than Weber. Even if you get that thing back to looking and working good, I doubt you get your money out of it.

I used to have one of those. One of the even nicer ones with a rear rotisserie conventional burner with smoker tray. They don't really cook all that well. Severe hot spots, bad flare up and very hard to control well. Don't even hold a candle to a BroilMaster. But, that rotisserie burner was nice. I put a lot of time and effort into it but didn't feel it was worth it so I donated it to Shepards Hope Chicago. My brother in law runs it and they were very happy to have it

Back