Flame Boss 400?

Lew Newby

R.I.P. 1/26/2024
Does anyone have one? It looks interesting especially at that price. It seems to me that Flame Boss is taking customer input and changing their software to deal with customer complaints. That seems promising to me.

If you have one what has been your experience?

Does anyone have one? It looks interesting especially at that price. It seems to me that Flame Boss is taking customer input and changing their software to deal with customer complaints. That seems promising to me.

If you have one what has been your experience?

I dont have one

I was interested mainly due to price, and ease of purchase, until i read about the issues people had.

They immediately claimed would be issuing updated software....but 2 mo later...it wasnt done.

In the end i did more research on better products and what they offered .

The difference is a little $, for a lot of functionality, between basic and full blown.

Last edited:
Last fall I purchased a flame boss 200 but I returned it within the 30 day satisfaction guaranteed period because the controller had problems. Their customer service was so helpful and responsive and I like their app and variable speed fan so I don't want to cross them off the list. In Feb they updated their app and firmware to address customer suggestions. Now if I lose wifi and internet I can still connect directly with my phone. I don't need more than 1 meat probe and I personally like doing all of the control with my phone. Knowing they're a young and growing company I can accept dealing with their growing pains as long as I get the great service I got the first try. Maybe I'm a tad touched in the head. ;)

I sold my Auber ATC with my big WSM so I'm researching and the FB 400 is at the top of my list for now. Who knows what I'll buy.

Last edited:

Back