Disaster averted

Steve Petrone

TVWBB Diamond Member
So today I cleaned up a 15 year old (or more) Dukane gasser. Long story short, the burner support was rusted off for one burner. Burners needed serious attention as well. Anyway after cleaning the crud out...I reassembled everything. The plan was to burn off the crud from the stainless grates.
It smelled off. Like an electrical fire.

Soon I saw flames coming out of the grill on the front near the control panel. I'm sure the burner without the support was leaking gas where it shouldn't have.
This could have been a mess at a minimum.

Don't assume when dealing with gas.

My wife kept saying she didn't trust it... she was so right (not that I let her know)
So very happy to have a new Genesis II E-310

Tom it wasn't quite like that. I went to HD to get a replacement grate and there on sale was the genesis. I did not buy it then. I went home, watched a game & went to light the old Dukane which was obviously malfunctioning. So after thinking thru everything, buying the Genesis marked down $160 (from the old price 699) just made sense.
Does anybody buy this story? It's mine, and I'm sticking to it.

:)

7652839.jpg

Many years ago I had a gasser that needed work. As I walked the aisles of the home improvement store with replacement parts, I began adding up the cost of overhauling the thing. Once tallied, I replaced all the parts, put a OTG in the cart and never looked back. The gasser went out with that week's garbage.

Back