6h1rcvn.jpg

znC5DWz.jpg

gZIOIy8.jpg

MAfF2oy.jpg

Three hours into the cook

TeBcVhC.jpg

Everything is looking good, until hour four

tBznNyA.jpg

I was able to brush most of it off, but it's not easy to impress your sober friends with that. It was supposed to be "Go Giants Jerky" but sometimes it just doesn't go your way. The only thing worse was Rodriguez giving up a 2 run homer in the first inning....

Moral of the story....Check your lids and don't put too much faith into a 500 preseason :)

I feel badly for you Chuck. It sucks to put that much time and effort into a cook and then pull the lid and find that. I've had a few flakes occasionally fall on whatever I'm cooking, but I haven't seen a massive dump of carbonized grease like you experienced. I take a paper towel and frequently make a few swipes on the lid to knock it loose before I cook. Anyway it still looks good. I'm glad you were able to clean it up. Bet it was tasty. As for the Gmen, I feel their success in 2019 lies with staying healthy, unlike last year. They're an aging team and I hope they have one more run in them for Boch.

Step 4: blow flakes from jerky with a leafblower, or shake each piece gently while moving to a large platter!

giphy.gif

Really looked good before the flakes.

Ohh man, that's gotta hurt.

I had that happen with some yardbird, and I had taken pics and put them on Twitter before I noticed the black specs on the birds.

I had a piece the size of a small plate drop on a rack of chicken one day, made me mad as a wet hen! It was such a big piece I was just amazed.
I’ve learned to check the lid from time to time.

Your not alone Chuck, been there done that. Now I always check for carbon on the lid before I fire up the grill.

Back