Turkey Jerky

Joan

TVWBB Hall of Fame
I don't know where else to post this, but Dh just came home with a bag of Tillamook Turkey Breast Jerky -Cranberry flavor. Please forgive me those of you that make your own, but jerky is fairly new to me and I just wanted to say I enjoyed it very much. That's all. lol

I don't know where else to post this, but Dh just came home with a bag of Tillamook Turkey Breast Jerky -Cranberry flavor. Please forgive me those of you that make your own, but jerky is fairly new to me and I just wanted to say I enjoyed it very much. That's all. lol

Have you made your own? Bob Correll has a really good base I've used several times. I've made my own, or helped the old man or an uncle, for the past 30 years.

A couple/few years ago I was reading up on the food safety and found an article or 2 that said to bring it up to the finished/safe temp, which seemed counter-intuitive to me....before I read that, all I thought it was doing was dehydrating. Before that, I don't think I'd have the confidence to make my own Turkey Jerky (I admit I have no desire to make TJ at the moment :) ).

The old man made fish jerky a few times, & I remember really enjoying that. He made TJ too, it was good from what I remember.

Let us know if you decide to try it! I've made it from Tri Tip & really enjoyed it, but others (Jim Lampe) tried it and he thought it was too fatty or something...he wasn't as big of a fan of the TT jerky as I was.

https://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?51256-Old-Surveyor-makes-deer-jerky-from-35-year-old-recipe

Hi Clint

DH has made a recipe from Food Network mag. called "Smoky Cola Jerky" using beef twice now. It was very good. I think that is the limit of our jerky experience. lol

Back