Sear Fish or Meat with Cast Iron and Side Burner on E320

I would think that the area over the burner would be plenty hot enough. But, that burner isn't so big and your "searing" area might not be much bigger. You might want to consider one of those CI inserts for the inside of the grill if you are planning to grill more than one serving of fish or beef at a time.

I would think that the area over the burner would be plenty hot enough. But, that burner isn't so big and your "searing" area might not be much bigger. You might want to consider one of those CI inserts for the inside of the grill if you are planning to grill more than one serving of fish or beef at a time.

I would like to Sear piece of Salmon or Steak that I'm cooking with Sous Vide. My wife is tired of me having splatter all over our kitchen range. :)

LoL, I am tired of me splashing splattering grease all over the range as well. If you can do it on a stove burner, you can probably just as well do it on the extra grill burner just fine. That is one of the biggest benefits of a spare burner on the grill is to keep the mess outside.

I need to grill up some fish this summer. The wife claims she doesn't like Salmon. If it wasn't for the color, I could probably sneak it onto her plate though. Is there another fish that grills well but isn't too expensive. On second thought, maybe I just need to get out and catch a few.

Back