Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
Weber Launches New Genesis II Grills
Offering Greater Control, Enhanced Features and Comprehensive 10-Year Warranty

NEWS PROVIDED BY
Weber-Stephen Products LLC
Mar 20, 2019, 10:45 ET

PALATINE, Ill., March 20, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Weber-Stephen Products LLC, the world's largest manufacturer of charcoal, gas and electric grills and grilling accessories, announces new models of its popular Genesis II gas grill line, now with more features and value.

The Genesis II line-up includes 3-burner and 4-burner models, with step-ups that include features such as a dedicated Sear Station and side burner to expand the grilling possibilities. Models come in stainless steel or a range of porcelain enameled colors, including black, copper, crimson and smoke.

The Genesis II line up kicks off with 3-burner models, including an open cart E-310 ($959) available in black and stainless steel (S-310, $1,107). The step-up to the E-315 model, available in black and copper, ($1,008) features a closed cart for hidden storage. The E-330 grills—available in black, copper, smoke and crimson ($1,057) adds a powerful Sear Station, reaching high temperatures to provide perfect sear marks, as well as a handy side burner. The E-335 comes in black ($1,107) and stainless steel (S-335, $1,206). Both feature a closed cart front storage area.

The line's 4-burner models include the open cart E-410 ($1,156, available in black) and the step-up E-435 model featuring a Sear Station and side burner. The E-435 is available in black ($1,395) and stainless steel ($1,457).

All Genesis II grills feature two stationary side tables for maximum durability; a center-mounted, built-in thermometer; and a front-mounted lid handle for a sleek, premium look.

Weber offers an industry-leading 10-year warranty on all parts—from the wheels to the hood—on all Genesis II series grills. Each grill also includes a docking station for the iGrill 3 App-connected digital thermometer that monitors cooking times and temperatures, sending alerts to any mobile device (sold separately, $99).

Visit weber.com to learn more about the Weber Genesis II line of grills.

Note: All prices are MSRP.

SOURCE Weber-Stephen Products LLC

It is hard to beleive that Weber is still "Weber-Stephen Products LLC, the world's largest manufacturer of charcoal, gas and electric grills" with all the throw away grills that leave the Walmarts, Home Depots, Menards, Lowes, etc...

After reading this I went out and gave my E320 sidewinder a big hug. With prices like that the throw away grill industry will probably double in sales volume.

I've got about $375 in my 2002 Genesis Gold B "Redhead." That includes the cover. As little as I cook on the gasser it should last me a long time. Those prices are insane.

Just wait until September when all the stores start making room for Christmas. Then they will only be half as much.

Just wait until September when all the stores start making room for Christmas. Then they will only be half as much.

Yup, that's what I was thinking...hoping Walmart or Lowes will have them for 75% off, although I don't need one but the buyer impulse might kick in LOL.

I'm still seeing some listings for new grill's from last year's blowouts on the used market places. I hope I'm able to move some of the ones I have before the next crop of new grill's get their prices slashed.

Expensive Yes, But Still Very Nice

We have discussed the pricing of current Weber grills vs. the prices back 25 years ago taking inflation into account. I think we established to most that a $950 grill today is not any different from what Weber got for the Genesis back in those days.

The prices that Chris posted are Weber's "manufacturer's suggested pricing" that Weber seems to have lost control of enforcing. That is the most obvious in the season-end clearances that a number of you have referenced above. But even on regular timing, here is what I consider to be a beautiful, very well featured (including 9mm stainless grates) Weber Genesis II. In spite of the extra "Special Editon" bonuses it is priced at $949 by BBQGuys.com, which is below what Chris posted:

PvRbrLx.jpg

Yes, $949 is a lot of money, but what Weber asked back then was, too. No, I don't think this grill has the simple, rugged build that they did back then, but it also offers features they didn't have at that time. I think if you are fair you would have to say it is a very sharp (redhead, at that:cool:) grill that is still way better built than big box cheaper grills and a better balance of features, quality and style than any comparably priced alternative.

https://www.bbqguys.com/weber-grill...ition-propane-gas-grill-crimson-61032201-2019

I think this is a stunning grill and if someone gave me a grand to spend on a new grill, it would be my first choice.

Well, if a $950 is basically what a Genesis cost twenty years ago in 1998 money, that kind of explains why some of these people think their 20 year old Genesis 1000 is worth as much as some of them list them for.

I have to agree that grill looks really nice and I love the color of the lid, but I would not have paid $500 for a Genesis 1000 back in 1998 and I wouldn't pay $950 for that grill pictured. However, I would pay $100 and a little work for a beautifully redone Genesis 1000 today.

I bought my 1999 genesis 1000 LX for $533.33 including assembly and tax $479.99 was the price of the grill alone. I bought it because I was tired of paying for a fall apart grill ever two years. What I find interesting is that in 1999 you could buy a cheap char broil type grill for $150, today those big box cheapies are around $200 -225. Yet Weber has more than doubled their prices and with cheaper Chinese labor now I find that interesting.

Granted my 1999 genesis is still with me and working fine 20 years later. I stated in an earlier post that I don't question the quality of Weber products, I just wonder on their pricing how these stores can discount them hundreds of dollars and still make a profit. Their profit margin must be very high on each grill and with all those grills being marked down at the end of the season tells me their not selling a lot of them like before.

RE: Cheap Charbroil type grills: They are making them even cheaper now than they used to.

I did say if someone GAVE me $1000 and if I had to use if to buy a NEW grill. That same $1000 would set you up royally with the ultimate restored classic Genesis, maybe even with a stainless frame and certainly with rcplanebuyer grates and flavorizers. Throw in whatever handle light(s) you want, a new rotisserie, smoker box, smoker tube - hey you could probably get a Thermoworks Signals, to boot! Oh, and still have money left for steaks & great bbq. All that would be a LOT better to me, but I would still be proud to show off that crimson Genesis II if it could magically appear on my deck. Maybe I will restore one of those in 2025:rolleyes:!

Regarding pricing, I do think they turn quite a bit of profit on these grills, and a big part of that is the offshoring of production that I agree with Larry is very regrettable and which I don't believe would have happened under George's watch:george:. On the other hand, big box stores think and work in terms of volume and do sometimes just "get rid" of stuff. They don't seem to worry about what that might do to next year's purchases, but with people using and never cleaning grills and then tossing them out:confused:, maybe they are on to something!

You can currently buy a basic genesis II e 310 for $700. Does this mean they are raising the price $260?? In one year? If so that's crazy.

Nah, the photo above is not a basic Genesis II. It has a sear burner, I believe and the crimson color, not sure what extra.

You can currently buy a basic genesis II e 310 for $700. Does this mean they are raising the price $260?? In one year? If so that's crazy.

Yup, there is a $100 difference between the 2018 E310 and the 2019 E310 and they're basically the same grill, the only major difference (that I know of) is that the 2019 comes with SS flavorizer bars...does that change merit the $100 jump in price?

So I'm curious, in the late 90s...say you wanted to buy a Weber grill but you didn't want to drop the coin on it because of the crazy price...were there older gassers (doesn't have to be Weber) that could be rehabbed like most of us do now with the older Genesis grills because of the crazy price of a brand new one and the aftermarket support for the older Genesis grills? I get that the internet has made it easier to look for used ones but back then what would you have done to look for an older gas grill that you know can be rehabbed to like new condition again...? Was or is there an older Weber gas grill equivalent back then that was successful like Weber?

Yah, I still can't believe they can sell them that low Stefan...I wonder if Weber does not control the pricing anymore or, since they're made in China, the markup is so high that they can go that low and still make a profit?

Back