Cleaver Coffee Dripper ... Superb coffee made simple

You can get a Mellita cone filter unit for about $4.00 at most grocery stores. They work great for one or 2 cups

Those drip cones are very good for what they do. I like the ability to steep, for 4minutes or so. Extract a bit more flavor.

We were visiting my SIL over spring break and they had a Nespresso machine. The coffee was amazing. I have about 20 more Kuerig pods to go through before I order the Nespresso machine.

I don't use it very often, but the Aeropress makes a darn good cup of coffee.
I always add hot water to thin it out for my taste.
About 30 bucks on Amazon.

I've been contemplating the AeroPress for a while. Bob, you've figured out the secret to getting good coffee. Make STRONG coffee (not over extracted) and dilute to taste.

The big thing that the Clever Coffee Dripper is that it'll hold the grounds in suspension without draining through until the drain is triggered. Do the same thing with a cup and a single use filter/funnel by filling the mug with hot water and grounds for a few minutes, then dumping into the filter.

I never cared much for coffee from my clever dripper.
Im a V60 pourover person.

The clever tastes...murky....theres a mix of flavors, all there mixed up.

Where a V60 produces a focused taste, highlighting most desireable parts .

The secret to good coffee....is fresh roasted beans, a good grinder, and a proper extraction. You cant buy decent beans at the store....its all old and stale by time it gets there. Coffee loses 1/2 its flavor in 2weeks. By the time its 2weeks off roast, it should be thrown away. Best is 1-7 days .

I order green coffee and roast my own so i always have fresh. Once you drink GOOD coffee, theres no going back. And no, starbucks isnt good coffee, its about the worst. Ive never had coffee as good as what i make at home anywhere. Even coffee shops....typically serve poor coffee.

We were visiting my SIL over spring break and they had a Nespresso machine. The coffee was amazing. I have about 20 more Kuerig pods to go through before I order the Nespresso machine.

Nespresso looks similar to a keurig but has other options? I tend to prefer strong cup of medium to dark brew.

My favorites, other than drip (drip's been my go-to since I got the TV):

French Press - that's easy to make on a friend's setup.
Aeropress - nice good cup, controllable & easy to vary
Toddy cold brew - awesome strength but I overdo it in the first couple days & I tend to drink it stronger & stronger ----- I've been planning on trying a new batch.........it won't be long. TCB uses a whole lot of beans.....uses nearly a pound ( + or - )
espresso (have a cheap pump or is it steam operated) - controllable & tweakable but takes more practice to get a ton of crema, but once that's mastered it's hard to forget.
Bialetti Moka Express - makes a strong espresso-like cup, larger, easy to make but also easy to make taste burned if impatient.

.....wondering what the grounds-weight per serving is.

I think I'll have a third cup.

What are you using to heat the water? The sunday before last I picked up my cousin in the morning & asked if he had any coffee - he fired up an electric brew kettle & brought out a french press. He just poured the water over & then pushed the plunger down immediately... "Hold on!" I said, as I set a timer for 5 minutes :)

<GAAAAAAAK!>

Not uncommon for me to let mine go for 20-30 minutes in the morning while I'm hammering away at the keyboard (vacuum insulated stainless french press travel mug.) Immediately plunging? Must like barely colored water.

Making coffee too weak or not enough grounds causes too much acid. Last night friends offered me coffee and the heartburn I got from it was over the top. It was overly extracted and terribly acidic

Making coffee too weak or not enough grounds causes too much acid. Last night friends offered me coffee and the heartburn I got from it was over the top. It was overly extracted and terribly acidic

Yup. "But I don't like strong coffee...." Make strong, and dilute after. Overextraction leads to this.

I use an electric kettle. Great for tea, preheating a thermal mug & coffee (French press, regular drip or Clever drip.
when using the Clever, I'll steep for just under 5 min.

watched a good YouTube video: Aeropress v French Press by Frenchpresscoffee.com
very informative and matches my personal experiences with French press
worth a look
that Aeropress is intriguing

see also frenchpresscoffee.com

happy coffee

Back