Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cleaver Coffee Dripper ... Superb coffee made simple

TVWBB Diamond Member

Cleaver Coffee Dripper ... Superb coffee made simple

What a revelation. What simplicity. So cheap. So good.
    No not a WSM...it is the Cleaver Coffee Dripper.

Imagine a French press with NO CLEANUP !

Yep, use a filter (paper or gold) and just toss the grounds.

It makes 18 oz of coffee right into my preheated travel mug. You control the steep time.

https://ineedcoffee.com/clever-coffee-dripper-review/
    Peach Kissed Q

You can get a Mellita cone filter unit for about $4.00 at most grocery stores. They work great for one or 2 cups

TVWBB Diamond Member
    Those drip cones are very good for what they do. I like the ability to steep, for 4minutes or so. Extract a bit more flavor.
    Peach Kissed Q

TVWBB Honor Circle Timothy F. Lewis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LMichaels View Post
    You can get a Mellita cone filter unit for about $4.00 at most grocery stores. They work great for one or 2 cups
    Yessir, buy better coffee with the rest of the money!
    Distinguebant Sed, Ignoret In Particulari!
    "If brains was lard, that boy couldn't grease too big a skillet!" J. D. Clampett

We were visiting my SIL over spring break and they had a Nespresso machine. The coffee was amazing. I have about 20 more Kuerig pods to go through before I order the Nespresso machine.
    Performer Deluxe(Copper) Genesis Gold B(Redhead) 18WSM 14WSM 22 OTG JJ Q1200 Gas & Charcoal Go Anywhere, Blackstone 17, Vortex, Kettle Pizza, Smoke

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian Bob Correll's Avatar
    I don't use it very often, but the Aeropress makes a darn good cup of coffee.
    I always add hot water to thin it out for my taste.
    About 30 bucks on Amazon.

TVWBB Pro
    I've been contemplating the AeroPress for a while. Bob, you've figured out the secret to getting good coffee. Make STRONG coffee (not over extracted) and dilute to taste.

The big thing that the Clever Coffee Dripper is that it'll hold the grounds in suspension without draining through until the drain is triggered. Do the same thing with a cup and a single use filter/funnel by filling the mug with hot water and grounds for a few minutes, then dumping into the filter.

TVWBB Super Fan
    I never cared much for coffee from my clever dripper.
    Im a V60 pourover person.

The clever tastes...murky....theres a mix of flavors, all there mixed up.

Where a V60 produces a focused taste, highlighting most desireable parts .

The secret to good coffee....is fresh roasted beans, a good grinder, and a proper extraction. You cant buy decent beans at the store....its all old and stale by time it gets there. Coffee loses 1/2 its flavor in 2weeks. By the time its 2weeks off roast, it should be thrown away. Best is 1-7 days .

I order green coffee and roast my own so i always have fresh. Once you drink GOOD coffee, theres no going back. And no, starbucks isnt good coffee, its about the worst. Ive never had coffee as good as what i make at home anywhere. Even coffee shops....typically serve poor coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat G View Post
    We were visiting my SIL over spring break and they had a Nespresso machine. The coffee was amazing. I have about 20 more Kuerig pods to go through before I order the Nespresso machine.
    Nespresso looks similar to a keurig but has other options? I tend to prefer strong cup of medium to dark brew.

My favorites, other than drip (drip's been my go-to since I got the TV):

French Press - that's easy to make on a friend's setup.
    Aeropress - nice good cup, controllable & easy to vary
    Toddy cold brew - awesome strength but I overdo it in the first couple days & I tend to drink it stronger & stronger ----- I've been planning on trying a new batch.........it won't be long. TCB uses a whole lot of beans.....uses nearly a pound ( + or - )
    espresso (have a cheap pump or is it steam operated) - controllable & tweakable but takes more practice to get a ton of crema, but once that's mastered it's hard to forget.
    Bialetti Moka Express - makes a strong espresso-like cup, larger, easy to make but also easy to make taste burned if impatient.

.....wondering what the grounds-weight per serving is.

TVWBB Diamond Member
    I think I'll have a third cup.
    Peach Kissed Q

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast