Our St. Patrick's Day CB&C

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
Hope you all had a nice, restful St. Patrick's Day. Like many of you we had Corned Beef and Cabbage for dinner. Earlier in the week I picked up a couple corned beefs from Costco. These were from Snake River Farms and were absolutely magnificent and well worth the $7.79/lb price tag. Here's a few pic's of my cook.

Earlier in the day I made a loaf of Irish Soda Bread to go with our dinner.

enhance

The star of this cook.

enhance

Laid the meat on a bed of carrots, celery, onion and crushed garlic.

enhance

Added the seasoning packet, canned tomatoes and water.

enhance

On a 22" kettle, split zone indirect heat. Covered with HD foil and let it roll for about 2 1/2 hours.

enhance

Removed foil and added potatoes and cabbage. Re-covered and let it go for another 1 1/2 hours.

enhance

Came out perfect.

enhance

Sliced it up.

enhance

Plated.

enhance

enhance

This is a Weber recipe that I've been doing for at least 15 years. It's fun and always comes out good. This is my third or fourth year of using the SRF meat. Everything was delicious and was a great way to end the day. My wife made Reuben sandwiches for dinner with some of the left overs last night, shown below.

Last edited:
Magnificent cook Cliff, we also have been getting our CBs from Costco for a few years now they are pricy but defiantly worth it, always excellent. We had lousy winds so we did a boiled CB&C which came out excellent.

Back