New Smoker, several cooks

J_E_F_F

TVWBB Member
After 12 years of faithful service through NY, AK and AL, my electric smoker has moved on to its new home with a snowbird who winters in FL.

I have a new pellet smoker (Green Mountain Grills - Davy Crockett) to accompany my Weber Q1200 and Jumbo Joe, and have spent the last month getting acquainted with it.

First cook was a Tri-Tip cooked like a brisket, yes all the way to 202°F, sounds crazy, but oh so good, and not needing 15 pounds of brisket!

TriTip_Brisket.jpg

TriTip_Brisket_sliced.jpg

Then on to cherry smoked ribs

Ribs_Cherry.jpg

Ribs_Cherry_Plate.jpg

Next up was a Ribeye, smoked to 125°F then pan seared on cast iron. This was a first for me, and when I added the butter to the hot cast iron it immediately burnt, and I set off the smoke alarms...learning experience :)
This is after the pan was cooled, cleaned and the house desmoked.

Ribeye_Smoked.jpg

Ribeye_Smoked_Sliced.jpg

Wife and I really like Country Pork Ribs, these were Maple Bacon! We were kind of a mess, and still working in the yard, so we sat outside and devoured them, no plates or utensils needed.

Country_Ribs.jpg

Country_Ribs_Bite.jpg

Hit the image limit...to be continued...

Continued...

Spatchcock Chicken of course.

Spatchcock_Chicken.jpg

Not letting the cast iron win, we switched to NY Strip steaks, again smoked to 125° (took 2x as long as the Ribeye, 4hrs instead of 2...who knew!) then seared in cast iron with clarified butter and coconut oil for about a minute per side.

NY_Strip_Smoked.jpg

NY_Strip_Smoked_Plate.jpg

And last but not least, yesterday was a Bacon Weave Pork Tenderloin with a Whiskey glaze.

Bacon_Weave_Pork_Tenderloin.jpg

Bacon_Weave_Pork_Tenderloin_Sliced.jpg

Last edited:
That's a meat lovers dream right there Jeff! Great looking everything! I particularly like that bacon weaved pork tenderloin.

looks like that pellet pooper is turning out some fine food! A friend of mine has two of the GMG's, the portable one and the Davy. He really likes them.

WOW!!! Everything looks soooooo delicious. But my favorite was the bacon weaved Pork tenderloin, outstanding.

Back