Q1000 score

Yah, one of those deals too good to pass up on. Actually, there are about a half dozen more empty 1lb cylinders in the photo. I will take those if he wants me too. I refill them off a 20lb tank.

I knew someone that had an adapter to refill the 1lb calendars. I would use it to refill the ones I used for a tabletop heater I used to have. At this point I don't have anything I use on a regular basis that needs the small cylinders.. But if I did I would definitely go buy one of those adapters, they save a LOT of money.

Just 5 to $7 on amazon. Yah, they will fill a cylinder for about 60 cents or so. I have bulk tank adapter hoses on most of my Q grills, but find that when I want to be portable, a 1lb cylinder is sooo much easier to lug around than a 20lb tank.

The grill is actually a Q120, not a Q1000. Not a big difference to me though.

I had some time to check out the grill this afternoon. I am quite happy with it. The entire back half of the burner tube was rusted over and every hole was covered. But, it is just surface rust and a quick run with a wire brush and I got it back to working order. However, it still needs some power tool work and probably a run with a tiny drill bit to completely clear each hole. Definitely doesn't need to be replaced though. The cooking grate is full of gunk and as you can see, it has some rust on it....I have a feeling this grill wasn't even used for the past couple years. I can clean the grate up pretty easily, and while it isn't going to be new looking, it will still have a lot of life in it. The electronic ignition, which the previous owner said was not working just needed a little cleaning of the battery contacts and it fires off great now. So, a little cleaning and I will have a great performing Q120 with several full 1lb propane bottles, a fold up stand and a cover. No need to put any money in it other than the $10 I paid for the grill.

aw8f3Mm.jpg

41RQlH1.jpg

WqPAknf.jpg

Vt3qh5R.jpg

Wow, that's a home run alright! Way to go, Bruce.

The thermometer may only be a rough guide, but I still like having it. Now you can even put the handle on right;)!

Back