New Weber buyer

BKasl

Need a two burner grill, was comparing a Charbroil truinfrared with a Weber Spirit. Weber built better, $100 more, would like an enclosed cabinet, side trays that fold, four wheels, fuel gauge, good warranty, good grates.
Talk me into the Weber
Thanks

BKasl,

Thanks for joining our forum. I am sure you will get some good advice here.

The many factors that you mentioned do put some serious constraints on your options. I don't think you can buy a new enclosed cart, 2-burner grill from Weber any longer. The closest thing I can think of to what you are describing is the previous model Spirit. You might still find some of those laying around at places like Ace, but more likely you will have to consider a used one.

If you can compromise on the fold-down aspect you would probably have a better chance of finding a 2-burner 2018 model Genesis II with a closed in cart, but it will cost a lot more than a Charbroil.

The new Spirit II gets some bad raps here because it is not the solid, simple grill it once was. That said, it IS a nice grill, and personally I would way rather have it than any Charbroil. For just $349, you will have to give up on the open cart and I think only the one side table folds down, but maybe not either.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Weber-Spirit-II-E-210-Sapphire-2-Liquid-Propane-Gas-Grill/1000364537

Best wishes on your decision. Most of us here would encourage you to look at a restored classic Genesis Silver A (or even go for the 3-burner Silver B). For the same $349 there are members here that could set you up in a beautifully restored grill, with stainless internals, that will way outlast any new models by Weber or most anyone else other than the very high end ultra-expensive grills.

Last edited:
A two burner Q has two fold down tables. But not the enclosed cart.

Yes, a Q3200 would be an EXCELLENT choice if he is willing to forgo the cabinet. A better grill in a lot of ways than a Spirit. Definitely much more durable with its cast aluminum and glass infused plastic construction. Hardly anything to rust.

I would go with the spirit over one of the "throw away" brands. But, yah, that Q3200 is a great grill too. Talk about simple and durable and capable all in one.

Need a two burner grill, was comparing a Charbroil truinfrared with a Weber Spirit. Weber built better, $100 more, would like an enclosed cabinet, side trays that fold, four wheels, fuel gauge, good warranty, good grates.
Talk me into the Weber
Thanks

Check some Ace stores as some still carry the Spirit S-210 (the one with the closed cart) and it looks like it meets most of your requirements.

https://www.acehardware.com/departm...MInau4q6yI4QIVFBx9Ch2eJwDeEAQYAiABEgKtWPD_BwE

You'd have to take good care of the closed cart though as it tends to rust fast due to Weber using cheap steel. A good spray of Rustoleum should help it last longer.

Last edited:
I have a buddy with a spirit. He's totally satisfied with his. Says it's a huge step up from the char broils and sams/members mark grills he's had in the past. And from looking at and using his grill I agree. His is 2 years old and is still perfect.

Something you may not know is that most of the cheaper char broil type grills have sheet metal in the firebox. And that sheet metal always inevitably fails. The weber grills all have a cast aluminum firebox that lasts indefinitely. I would go with the Spirit for the extra hundred bucks every time.

Found cabinet style e210 50 miles away for $399 closeout.
Wife asked why they would discontinue this model in favor of cart style (???)

Sounds like you found what you are looking for. Although from an external appearance and limited storage aspect, a closed in cabinet is nice, many of us here can tell you countless horror stories of rusted out cabinetry on grills we restore. If not made out if high grade stainless - and no newer Weber cabinet is - rust is inevitable. Basically, unless very well cared for and stored out of the elements these plain steel cabinets are pretty much doomed to rust. An open cart can rust, too, but at least it breathes rather than trap moisture.

Sam, any chance those would fit the Genesis 1000? Dang good price for the cover alone, but it comes with a nice set of accessories as well.

NM: Looks like it will fit a 1000. You just cost me $30.

Last edited:
Haha, happy to help Bruce :cool: Yah, the tongs aren't bad...maybe you can offer the accessories when selling one of your rehabbed grills to entice the buyer more?

Last edited:
Thanks for speedy reply, good deals
On a side note I was off to purchase Spirit E-210 at Home Depot for $349 with an additional 10% discount when I notic d they have two Spirit S-210's on sale for the same $349 price. Besides being all ss, any other benefit over enamel at that price?
Thanks

Thanks for speedy reply, good deals
On a side note I was off to purchase Spirit E-210 at Home Depot for $349 with an additional 10% discount when I notic d they have two Spirit S-210's on sale for the same $349 price. Besides being all ss, any other benefit over enamel at that price?
Thanks

Not sure, I think it's a matter of preference. I like the enamel lids because they're easier to keep clean IMO.

Back