Time to stop buying...

Jason in CA

TVWBB All-Star
I need to find time to work on what I already have. These are the projects I need to get done. Off the top of my head I'd say four of them don't need much. The rest need more, or may become parts grills.

These are the ones I use.

So I currently have eleven grills in my back yard. My wife has been cool about it all. But at some point I'm going to have to find time to get some fixed up and sold.

And if I find a unicorn for a good deal I'm not (yes I probably will) going to bring it home.

Jason, I have more project grills waiting to go than you do. I just need the weather to change. I might even be able to get out later this week with 50's forecast. It does look like you are set for a while. Maybe just keep your out for a Skyline or something like that.

Jason,

You are making me feel better! (I might have to show to MY wife:smilekettle:.)

At least your stuff looks more presentable and organized than many of my junker grills. You have some pretty sweet ones in that collection, too. I like them all, but that Platinum and the maroon Performer jump off the page for my taste - and also the newest blue addition:cool:.

Yes, I do think that - just like me - it is probably time for you to concentrate on turning some around. That will make your wife happier, I am sure:rolleyes:. But, I do agree with Bruce that once in a "blue" moon something comes up that is too rare or too much of a steal to pass on. That blue head fits in that category. Maybe a Skyline as Bruce suggests or a really old classic kettle in an unusual color that hasn't already been seized upon by our ever-vigilant friends over at the Weber Kettle Club.

Try to keep the fever from going to far, but don't give up on the fun!

Jon,
They look that presentable because I had a little time today, and got some of them a little back together, then lined them up for the picture. Before today they looked more like a grill graveyard on the side of the house.

I should move the four I use over to the others and take another picture for you to show your wife. It would look a lot worse with eleven grill's lined up.

I try to keep my rehab grills covered when I am not working on them. Do you guys bother to keep them covered before you start working on them?

Here you go Jon. you can show this one to your wife. ;)

Bruce, I had them mostly covered but a good wind storm a week ago knocked the tarps off of them. Of course with the wind came lots of rain. I've been trying to get my yard respectable for the last two months. The rain is making the grass grow like crazy and then I cant cut it because it's too wet. Pain in the but as I have a fairly large yard. What you see in the pictures is the corner of it.

I now have eleven Weber's in my back yard also and only one is going to be sold, the rest are going to stay because we use them. I quit rehabbing grills for sale. Up here in the high country there hasn't been an older 1000-3000 Geneses for sale locally for about a year now. Going to Phoenix just takes too much time and money to make it worthwhile and now everyone thinks their trashed 1000 is worth over a $100.
It was fun doing it but just not enough or any profit in doing rehabs anymore.

the maroon Performer jump off the page for my taste -

Jon,
That one was a gift to me from myself. It was an impulse buy when I walked by it at a local store. For whatever reason I decided I had to have it when I saw it on display. I have had it for only about a year and a half, but I really like it. The Weber tag said limited special edition I think because of the color but I'm not sure. I hope to have it for many many years.

the maroon Performer jump off the page for my taste -

Jon,
That one was a gift to me from myself. It was an impulse buy when I walked by it at a local store. For whatever reason I decided I had to have it when I saw it on display. I have had it for only about a year and a half, but I really like it. The Weber tag said limited special edition I think because of the color but I'm not sure. I hope to have it for many many years.

I think that color is called Brick Red on the performer got one myself love it. Another member when I posted in my first performer might have been Dave told me what the color is. Not many of those around it is a really nice color even the wife likes that one. I had the plastic table which was cracked replaced with the metal table by Weber at the time they said it was not replaced under warranty it was a courtesy.

This collection looks awesome. I wish I could find these grills. Here in my area pre 2000 grills are very rare and hardly ever show up. I love that blue Performer. I have been looking for a blue or red one for months and none have shown up.

I think that color is called Brick Red on the performer got one myself love it. Another member when I posted in my first performer might have been Dave told me what the color is. Not many of those around it is a really nice color even the wife likes that one. I had the plastic table which was cracked replaced with the metal table by Weber at the time they said it was not replaced under warranty it was a courtesy.

I passed on a regular one-touch kettle in that color. It looked very nice. The guy posted it for only $25. The ad was withdrawn and came back at $75. I bet some of the WKC fanatics were after him in a heartbeat. He came down to $65 and it was soon marked sold.

This collection looks awesome. I wish I could find these grills. Here in my area pre 2000 grills are very rare and hardly ever show up. I love that blue Performer. I have been looking for a blue or red one for months and none have shown up.

Red ones pop up around me from time to time along with some nice old black-hood 1000s. I never see blue. There is one in Tampa that the guy keeps dreaming that he can sell for a high price with a sorry ad "Webber". I have so wanted to get it for Brian, but a 6+ hour round trip adventure is out of the question for me during tax season. He has had it listed for months. Maybe it will last until April 16 and I can get him down to a realistic price:eek:.

And I posted the picture on my Facebook page. A good friend that I haven't seen in a long-time commented that I have a problem. I tried to explain that I had something called Weberitis and there is no known cure. He said I have to admit that I have a problem and I told him I just did admit it I have Weberitis and at the moment there is no cure. I was told to back slowly away from the grills.

Here you go Jon. you can show this one to your wife. ;)

Bruce, I had them mostly covered but a good wind storm a week ago knocked the tarps off of them. Of course with the wind came lots of rain. I've been trying to get my yard respectable for the last two months. The rain is making the grass grow like crazy and then I cant cut it because it's too wet. Pain in the but as I have a fairly large yard. What you see in the pictures is the corner of it.

I'm glad that there are people doing all the refurbs and keeping these out of the dump.

Wow. I thought i had issues. Your wife must be cool with it all. Honestly you could be doing much worse things with your money. And at the end of the day flip a few of them then keep your eyes open for the next gem. Its a cool way to stay embeded in the hobby.

I think all the newer ones come with the metal table. When did you get yours?

I had bought the performer used and refurbed it, still had the plastic table it was before they went to the metal. A lot of those plastic tables cracked as people would pick them up by the end to move them so they would crack where the screws that held the table closest to the end.

You really have a nice collection there.

Back