Finally got the black knobs

Extremely nice Platinum with its own unique look. The black knobs do make it come together. You have things looking so sharp, you might want to go a little over the top and try Brian's repaint method on your wheels, but that is just a minor suggestion. You are making me anxious to get past tax season and get my Platinum done. It will be the more "dull" shades of gray, but I hope to do something with the cart to make up for that.

I love the blue grill. I only own a Genesis Jr Redhead and a Genesis 2000 Redhead that is in the final restro once the snow melts. This will be my next one.
Great work sir!

No. There is no cross bar. Only a floor shelf. And this floor shelf as well as the side panels and the back panel are made of grey painted steel. And they love to rust. On the Platinum I restored for myself all these parts were rusted so bad I had to discard them.

That looks like the "stainless" frame, but that bottom front cross member is rusting out bad. Isn't that supposed to be stainless as well?

Nope, that cross frame is not a piece where its’ screwed on, it’s part of the bottom tray and made with the same cheap sheet metal so that bottom tray is one piece. Weber probably did that to save $.

I'm sure it has been discussed at some point before but, can someone point me to how to paint the badge with the red kettle emblem? It is the best looking modification I have seen yet and I must have an emblem just like it.

Red high heat paint, a small model car paintbrush or similar kind and a steady hand. Some use a high heat clear afterwards to help seal the red.

Bobby

Red high heat paint, a small model car paintbrush or similar kind and a steady hand. Some use a high heat clear afterwards to help seal the red.

Bobby

I thought it might come to that. Can you direct me to locating the red high heat paint? I want to get started on this right away, thanks Bobby.

Just go get some red brake caliper paint at your local automotive place. That is high heat paint!

Back