Bacon-Wrapped Spam Bites

Joan

TVWBB Hall of Fame
I posted this yesterday on the Spam thread, and on second thought, I thought I should post it here also. T.O.H. does list it as an appetizer.

Bacon-Wrapped Spam Bites

I usually don't post recipes until after we have made them, but I just saw this in the mag. that came the other day and couldn't wait to share it with fellow SPAM lovers. I hope we will make this soon.

Bacon-Wrapped Spam Bites
(makes 32 pieces)

18 bacon strips
1 can (12 oz.) reduced-sodium SPAM, cut into 32 cubes
1/3 cup yellow mustard
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 garlic clove, minced

Preheat oven to 400F. Cut bacon strips crosswise in half. In a skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain; keep warm.

Wrap a bacon piece around each Spam cube; secure with a toothpick. Place in a 15x10x1 inch baking pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Combine mustard, syrup and garlic, drizzle over Spam. Bake until bacon is crisp, 5-10 minutes longer.

Source: Taste of Home mag. Apr/May 2019

I know you can buy Maple Bacon but I think first time trying this, we would rather use the maple syrup

I posted this yesterday on the Spam thread, and on second thought, I thought I should post it here also. T.O.H. does list it as an appetizer.

Bacon-Wrapped Spam Bites

I usually don't post recipes until after we have made them, but I just saw this in the mag. that came the other day and couldn't wait to share it with fellow SPAM lovers. I hope we will make this soon.

Bacon-Wrapped Spam Bites
(makes 32 pieces)

18 bacon strips
1 can (12 oz.) reduced-sodium SPAM, cut into 32 cubes
1/3 cup yellow mustard
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 garlic clove, minced

Preheat oven to 400F. Cut bacon strips crosswise in half. In a skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain; keep warm.

Wrap a bacon piece around each Spam cube; secure with a toothpick. Place in a 15x10x1 inch baking pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Combine mustard, syrup and garlic, drizzle over Spam. Bake until bacon is crisp, 5-10 minutes longer.

Source: Taste of Home mag. Apr/May 2019

I know you can buy Maple Bacon but I think first time trying this, we would rather use the maple syrup

DH made these today. He made 1/2 recipe. Good thing. I ate 6 of them and hoping I didn't spoil dinner for me tonight. I'm having King Crab Legs and DH is having steak. Back to the appetizers. They were delicious. I heartily recommend this recipe for a nice large gathering.

Back