OK then here are the pics

LMichaels

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Well, had the oldest girl and son in law over Sunday eve to celebrate wifey's b/day. Bought a couple packages of USDA Prime ribeye steaks from Sam's. Made a semi wet spice rub for them (only liquid was enough EVOO to make a paste hence semi-wet). Made the paste with a couple smaller bulbs garlic, about 1 tsp Turmeric, 1 tsp chili powder, tsp marjoram, 1/2 tsp ground black pepper, 1/4 tsp chili flakes, and some kosher salt. Put all that into small Cuisinart and blended into a paste. Let that sit on the meat for about 30 minutes than onto the Q320. On ribeye dues to the extra fat and connective tissue I don't do them hot and fast. More medium to low. I am not after dark grill marks as IMO not important here. I also pull them at slightly higher meat temps than say a leaner cut i.e. top sirloin or strips. So I pulled them around 130 to 135, rested them about 6 min and served. They were butter tender and outrageously delicious. The reason for what appears to be "smaller ones" is due to wife having an aversion to slightest pink left in meat and not wanting to ruin an entire high end steak I cut one steak in half and then butterflied that half cooking one to med for grand son and one to destroyed for her and the whole ones for us who like normal meat.
FOarSrK.jpg

VPJuDK0.jpg

It4TwAx.jpg

Once again, I failed to receive an invite....I guess it is the weather.

Hey, that Q320 looks familiar.

Larry,
Enjoyed the photoshoot and the grilling ideas. I guess my invite got lost along with Bruce’s :eek:!

Must be all the snow or generally bad weather, because my invitation never made it as well...hmmmmm
Steaks look awesome, I’m sure no one walked away hungry!
Thanks for sharing,
Tim

Back