Roasted a chicken on my 3200

I roasted a whole chicken plus veggies on my Q3200 Sunday, and it turned out great.

I didn't get any pictures but I used a piece of heavy foil and a couple small cookie racks to hold the bird up plus the vegetables , I cooked it at 400 degrees for about 100 minutes, and I put the veggies of after a half hour, next time I will cook them the whole time.

It was 15 degrees outside but the Q had no trouble with holding 400, I ran both burners about half way on, the bird turned out great very juicy the veggies were good also but I had to finish them in the oven because they were a bit crunchy when the chicken was done.

all in all it was a success, and we were very happy with the results!

The Q3xx grill is a very capable, yet simple grill. I have no doubt that you were able to grill a great tasting bird on it. Next time I would probably leave the center burner off to allow for a more indirect heat.

Next time, remember to post some photos. :)

Bruce, you are right about the Q's being a capable grill, we have a Q100 for the camper but wanted a little more space so my wife got me the 3200 for Christmas this year.
I normally use a charcoal grill for cooks like this but decided to try the Q on this, and I did have the middle burner off for most of the cook now that you mention it.

Steve

Back