Electric Pressure Washer Recommendation

Jerry N.

TVWBB Emerald Member
Anyone have an electric pressure washer that they're happy with? I'm just looking for something to clean the cars with instead of going to the car wash. Also thinking I might spray off my driveway and the wall (patio block wall) around my porch that had some mold on it. Thinking something light to medium duty. I do not want a gas powered unit because of the noise and the trouble with keeping a gas powered machine running. I have enough of that with my lawn equipment and I've been converting over to battery operated tools as it makes sense.

I would consider a battery operated one, but I was thinking about a corded electric model. My guess is that a battery model wouldn’t have enough power to wash a car. Plus, if I did a battery model, I’d want to look at a Ryobi because I’m trying to not have several different battery types. My lawn equipment is all Ryobi 18v One model. I have 6 of the same battery and a charger that will hold them all so my batteries will do more yard work than I’m willing to do in one day.

Pretty much best out there is Karcher but I will say all electric ones are awfully weak and will most likely disappoint. I bought a gas model at Sam's. The gas ones also give more power per $$$$

I have two gassers and there great for big jobs, but the thing that I liked on the worx was that you don't have to roll out a hose or cord for a small job.
Just fill up a 5 gallon bucket and go mobile, and it has a 3 year warranty, I might buy one just for kicks.

Tim

I agree on Karchner. I've got their electric model which works pretty well for me. Wish I had the extension hose, but that is pretty big bucks. I like the build in GFI on the power cord. Only drawback I've had is one of the hooks for wrapping the power cord always seems to slide off when moving the thing around in the garage storage. Wish I had the ability to hook hot water to it, but cold seems to work ok.

I'll third the Karcher. I had one for about 6 or 7 years, until it developed a leak halfway of doing my house. It had great power, and has a ton of accessories available.

Dan and Phil,
I'm looking at the K1900. What models do you have? The other one I'm looking at is the K5.

How does what you have work on washing your car? That's my main purpose for buying this.

Mine is the K5 I've only used it on my wheels, not the car since our water supply has plenty of Colorado River minerals which leaves a white film even if wiped off quickly. Works great on the sidewalks, patio and driveway all of which are cement. If I tear down my 2007 Genesis this spring, I'll try it on the cabinet, lid and firebox, but not the manifold or burners.

not sure what I'll get- the SJ still works but I don't feel like spending $$ to replace the wand. I'll probably refer back to this thread when I get ready to buy :)

I’m kind of leaning toward the Karcher. I like the specks on the K1900.

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B01NCUWVMS/tvwb-20

I’m thinking of buying in the spring for cleaning my porch and my cars. Hopefully Chris will convert the link so it’s easy for me to click through this site and give him credit. :)

Though I will say, I like the price on the Sun Joe.

Last edited:
Dan and Phil,
I'm looking at the K1900. What models do you have? The other one I'm looking at is the K5.

How does what you have work on washing your car? That's my main purpose for buying this.
I don't remember which model I had, as it's been a couple years since I replaced it with a Greenworks.
I kinda wish I'd spent the extra money on the Karcher, truth be told!

check this out - seems decent but I'm surprised to see Briggs & Stratton's logo on a brushless electric motor.

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B06XKTJYKC/tvwb-20

Looks good. About the same as the Karcher. I’m thinking something with those general specs and price are what I’m going to get. I just asked my contractor how much he’d charge to drop a plug (receptacle) near the door of my garage. I’m thinking these take pretty close to 15 amps so I’m thinking I’ll drop a dedicated 20 amp line just to make sure I got enough.

I don't think a pressure washer will need the extra amperage but the cost for 20A vs 15 won't be much more.

I just watched a video review on the B&S pressure washer - I wasn't impressed, it didn't seem as good as my 2 others but that's kind of hard to tell

I don't think a pressure washer will need the extra amperage but the cost for 20A vs 15 won't be much more.

I just watched a video review on the B&S pressure washer - I wasn't impressed, it didn't seem as good as my 2 others but that's kind of hard to tell

Well if I could get away with a 15 amp, I wouldn't need to drop a new line. Unfortunately, none of my garage receptacles are isolated. So unless I make sure nothing else gets turned on, I'd likely trip the circuit. Good news is that I have an electrician friend. If the contractor wants too much, I can run the wires and my friend can do the hook up to the panel. That's one place this DIY'er won't go.

Back