Any "don't miss" stuff in Scottsdale?

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
Heading down to Scottsdale soon for the first time for some Cactus League baseball. Will be taking in a Giants home game, an A's home game, and a Rockies home game.

Any restaurant, food, activity, museum, etc. that should not be missed?

They did not like it much when I picked an orange from one of the trees on the street in Old Town Scottsdale. If you get a chance to see the Salt River Horses
they are true wild horses not far from Mesa.

I'm a sucker for a green hatch chili double cheeseburger from Whataburger every time I visit my Mom in Mesa. I went twice on my last visit! They're only available at Whataburger in AZ, NM and West TX.

I envy you Chris. I'd love to go down to Arizona and take in a few Giants ST games. A little too far however. My only stay in Arizona was at Ft. Huachuca.....quite some time ago. :)

Last edited:
Little Miss BBQ in Phoenix !!!!

And if Pizza and some music is ok... Organ Stop Pizza in Mesa

We hit Little Miss BBQ in Sunnyslope tonight. Some of the best barbecue I've had outside of Central Texas. I'll post photos and review in the BBQ Restaurant Directory soon.

P8wsNgF.jpg

We drove home today. Are you heading down for Brewers baseball? If so, have fun!

Walked right by it on the way to Bootleggers. Read good things about it online. Didn't get there. :(
we arrived Friday morning
Here until Wednesday morning
Have tickets for The Crew vs Cubs Sunday and The Crew vs WhiteSox Monday
if the rain holds off, we’re talking about attending the Giants / Crew game Tuesday night in Scottsdale

What is Bootleggers?

edit: I looked up Bootleggers
may add that to our short list of stops

Last edited:
Excellent!
thank you Bob, and thank you Chris!
we will stop in there.

Jim
Don't know if you will get this in time but if you are a big baseball fan which I know you are try and get over to Don and Charlies. They have the largest collect of baseball memorabilia. literally thousands of items and it's a hang out for a lot of the players.
They will be going out of business soon as the building is going to be torn down for a new hotel, food is pretty decent too.

Here's a link to the place.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=don+an...&setlang=en-US

Back