Best Way To Install WSM latches

DBono

TVWBB Super Fan
Hi All I got these so I can attach the middle section of my WSM 22 to the bottom section.What is the best way to install? The bottom section is way down low? If I turn the WSM on it's side, how do I keep the 2 section together?
Thanks Dan
t0ROEty.jpg

6Po2neo.jpg

Last edited:
Well, i would strive to have them perfectly spaced.

PERFECTLY spaced

So that regardless of orientation of the bottom to the middle, it will latch.

I. E., if you have 3 latches it will lack in all three positions everything lines up.

That's if you're using the both sides of the latch.

If it will let under the lip of the bottom part, then it can latch in any position.

I think that's also why someone said install it "upside down"

Last edited:
Actually Marty, my thought was to turn it over to raise the working level when installing the latches but, I really appreciate the rationale for your idea and if I do install latches that’s the way I wlll do it!

Well, i would strive to have them perfectly spaced.

PERFECTLY spaced

So that regardless of orientation of the bottom to the middle, it will latch.

I. E., if you have 3 latches it will lack in all three positions everything lines up.

That's if you're using the both sides of the latch.

If it will let under the lip of the bottom part, then it can latch in any position.

I think that's also why someone said install it "upside down"

Hi I'm going to try to install without the bottom part. So it can latch in any position.
Thanks Dan

Hi All These latches didn't work out too good. I think I need bigger/longer ones. I had to force one of them to stay latched. The other fell apart,due to way too much tension.
Dan

Last edited:
Hi All I'm going to try these toggle clamps..Any one ever use them?
Thanks Dan
FbU3qhB.jpg
[/IMG]

Hi All I made some adjustments to the draw hasps and now they seem to holding good. Just hoping they stay that way.
Dan

Back