Trouble with smoke gateway

Lewis B

TVWBB Fan
I hope this is in the right section.
Anybody have trouble connecting their Smoke Gateway to wifi? I cannot get mine to connect. I go through the process and once I get to where my phone is connected to Gateway & need to select "stay connected" my phone does not have that option. I then try the "set up" and it immediately disconnects. My phone is a Samsung S7.
Thanks.
Lewis

I'd call technical support. I know at one point mine quit working and it required a firmware update. You should hooking it up to your house wifi.

I have been working with them. They have sent me a list of suggestions and nothing is working. That's my problem- it will not connect to my wifi. I cannot push the update without it connected to wifi.

is it your phone that's disconnecting from the cloud, or is the Smoke Gateway disconnecting from your home wifi?

that stuff can be such a royal pain. I have no experience with the smoke app but others here do.

Looks like you connect your phone to the Smoke Gateway via bluetooth to configure the wifi & then cloud account, so make sure you keep your phone within a few feet of it while you do this part (range should be relaiable within ~30' but keep it closer). Maybe reboot your phone & try again.

Update:
I called the fine people @ Thermoworks & they were able to straighten out the situation by pushing a firmware update.
All is well now.
Thanks

I have talked to the people at Thermoworks on more than one occasion and they are about as good as it gets! Good people that really WANT to do the right thing. I have recommended their products to a bunch of people. I have a number of their products and smile everytime I use them.

Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

Back