Fake Servo Example

WBegg

TVWBB Pro
I have recently gone through my stock of obviously counterfeit brand servos, and this one really stood out. I have no idea where I ordered it from, but it was some time ago. Because of this, I only order my MG90S servos directly from Tower Pro now.

The one on the left is a genuine Tower Pro MG90S. The one on the right is a counterfeit.

xcnw2dc.jpg

Wowie, that's pretty crazy. I would have said the one on the left would be the fake, on account of the weird spacing on the font. No wonder I can't ever get STLs off Thingiverse that are meant for "generic 9g servos", I didn't realize the bodies would be so different too.

This was a worst case and this is why I order all my servos directly from Towerpro. I also just received some Vorpal MG90 servos that MartinB turned me on to. They are manufactured by Tower Pro for Vorpal, and are supposed to operate very well and have the same form factor.

EDIT: I tried the Vorpal branded Servos, and they perform better than any other servo I've tried, even the genuine Tower Pro MG90S, and Tower Pro makes them for Vorpal. I'd highly recommend them. They have the same form factor as a genuine MG90S. When coupled with a 100uF 10V capacitor, they have little to no jitter. Awesome Servo. They can be bought Here.

Last edited:

Back