New Kettle for $40 at WalMart

I'm waitin on a deal for a Performer, this one would just get in the way. My 1999 Kettle is still goin strong.

There have been numerous offers recently but Bricksick has not been reliable. I had one Walmart in my neighborhood showing 2 left for $40 but when I got there the manager told me that they never had any Weber kettles. Some Walmart have them, some don't. Some have them on clearance, some don't. Same with the Weber chimney starters which were on sale at some Walmarts at $4.
Same with Homedeopt. Some had the 18.5" smoker on sale for $99. Others don't. Some had the Performer Premium on sale and most other did not carry them or did not have them on sale. It is a hit and miss.

I checked again and the one in my area is a floor model. My problem is I just love my kettle. It's a little beat up but I'm sentimentally attached to it and see no real reason to replace it. I'm not sure the new ones are better. I also have no need or want for an extra charcoal grill. Occasionally I might need the extra grilling space, but those times happen maybe once or twice a year and I've got my Genesis to use as well. At that price, though it's so tempting. It almost just annoys me that I feel like I need to get it when I clearly don't. That said, like Lynn a performer might be a lot more tempting.

So far this year, I've not been disappointed by Brickseek. It led me to the Weber briquettes at Home Depot, B&B Lump at Wal Mart, and Cowboy briqs at Lowes. And the inventory numbers have been accurate.

But that's a lot different than some huge mark down on a grill or smoker.

And I would bet the Kettles at the WalMart 12 miles from me, are like Dustin's , floor models.

Fella at The Brethren has bought six .... so far

https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4141631#post4141631

b866ede58c933cd032fd70ef9d8c2992.jpg

I checked again and the one in my area is a floor model. My problem is I just love my kettle. It's a little beat up but I'm sentimentally attached to it and see no real reason to replace it. I'm not sure the new ones are better. I also have no need or want for an extra charcoal grill. Occasionally I might need the extra grilling space, but those times happen maybe once or twice a year and I've got my Genesis to use as well. At that price, though it's so tempting. It almost just annoys me that I feel like I need to get it when I clearly don't. That said, like Lynn a performer might be a lot more tempting.
I don'y need it either. I would just get it to flip it. That is what I did with the WSM two weeks ago. Free money. lol

Brickseek showed 2 on hand at $40 in my area. Went there and indeed brickseek was correct. Bought both, flipping one for sure when the weather warms up. They had a lot of the BBQ accessories on clearance too. Bought a Weber deluxe grilling pan for $5 normally $21.97, a couple bottles of the Weber grate cleaner for $1.50 normally $6 (I like for cleaning grates on gasser). Also picked up a couple of the wood paddle grate scrapers for $2.50 saw them as high as $15-20. Did see chimney starters for the $4 as mentioned by Stefan H above. Lots of nice deals and I am not the biggest Wally fan. Side note picked up a pair if Mechanix gloves for $7 normally $19.97, better deal than Harbor Freight.

14 miles away, don’t really need it neither does my wife’s son and DIL.
I can get a nice bottle of something which I might just need to take to the cottage come summer...or enjoy it now and get another for the trip.

Last edited:

Back