Record Snow Fall

Rich Dahl

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Well I’m glad we with the rest of people that live in our area stocked up on supplies yesterday for the big storm because there isn’t any way to get to the stores today.
We are expected to get over two feet of snow. Yesterday Barb and I went to Safeway to get a few things, what a madhouse!
The parking lot was complete full as was the store. On the way home we went by Fry’s which is a big supermarket it was also jammed, same with Walmart.
Started snowing about 9 pm yesterday and hasn’t let up at all and isn’t expect to stop until 1 am tonight. It is expected to be a record snowfall for the city.
I know you guys that live in the Midwest and East are used to this but for us and the city which doesn’t have the resources to handle this much snow it’s going to be a while before we dig out of this.
Hope everyone that’s getting hammered by this storm is safe.

46255326285_23feb0190f_z.jpg
[/url]100_4440 by Richard Dahl, on Flickr[/IMG]

46255325895_e08cff58a2_z.jpg
[/url]100_4441 by Richard Dahl, on Flickr[/IMG]

47169391061_b81e389cf6_z.jpg
[/url]100_4447 by Richard Dahl, on Flickr[/IMG]

At least the pups are enjoying the snow

47169390461_910bdc0a14_z.jpg
[/url]100_4454 by Richard Dahl, on Flickr[/IMG]

And here I was just telling my wife how sick I am of the midwest and once she retires perhaps a move to the south west would be on my list

Wow! Looks like you have a foot already. Can't imagine two feet in AZ.

Now get outside and cook something! ;)

I almost went to school in Prescott many moons ago. I still kick myself
occasionally for not doing so. I hope you have a snow blower, or at least
a decent shovel.

Wow! Looks like you have a foot already. Can't imagine two feet in AZ.

Now get outside and cook something! ;)

Ah….. not going to happen, it's 7 am Friday and it's still snowing. I'll grill something when there is no snow and warmer than 12 degrees.

Until then this is the only Weber I will be using.

45635523302_ee9dd83c90_z.jpg
[/url]100_4156 by Richard Dahl, on Flickr[/IMG]

Wow, that’s a lot for you guys! Glad you are in, warm and snug keeping Barb comfy and happy.
Predictions for this weekend are widely spread, 40 today, 20 tonight, same for tomorrow and Sunday, mid forties and forty mile per hour wind! Then three days of snow! I’m really getting tired of winter!

Wow, that’s a lot for you guys! Glad you are in, warm and snug keeping Barb comfy and happy.
Predictions for this weekend are widely spread, 40 today, 20 tonight, same for tomorrow and Sunday, mid forties and forty mile per hour wind! Then three days of snow! I’m really getting tired of winter!

We usually don't get below 20 but last night it was 12 and tonight it's supposed to get down to 11.
Our furnace died a week ago and so for seven days we had no heat except for the gas fireplace and a small space heater. The control board went out and they had to order a new one. They got it and got the furnace running on Tuesday and the storm hit Wednesday. If that control board had come one day later we still would be without heat and with the extreme cold and wind we would be very cold right now.

I was wondering about your furnace situation, glad to hear it was fixed in time for those frigid temps.
Stink bugs were everywhere late fall, early winter here, and I read that they think the Polar Vortex we had earlier may have done many of them in.
Hope so, every time I uncovered a grill there would be several hiding, or maybe it was hibernating.

I was wondering about your furnace situation, glad to hear it was fixed in time for those frigid temps.
Stink bugs were everywhere late fall, early winter here, and I read that they think the Polar Vortex we had earlier may have done many of them in.
Hope so, every time I uncovered a grill there would be several hiding, or maybe it was hibernating.

I read that same article that talked about the Polar Vortex killing off a bunch of critters. We had a weird thing happen yesterday in the middle of the snowstorm I don't know a lot about birds but there was about a hundred of them in our tree and the neighbors tree they looked like Robins but I don't think that's what they were. They hung around for about an hour then disappeared.
It was a rough 7 days with just the gas fireplace and the space heater, running them 24/7 the house only got to about 60 degrees.

Snow, we got snow too.
IssV2IG.jpg

DgMoaI2.jpg

yRXGQMU.jpg

Kd3pfXj.jpg

Roofs are starting to cave in, people are shoveling their roofs, caving in doors & windows.
I shoveled off part of our roof and the snow just keeps on coming, And do we need it.

Hang in there, it will stop someday soon.
Be safe & keep on Q'n.

Russ & Debby

Last edited:
Russ - do you have a snowmobile?

I've been enjoying the snow but I need it to melt so I can clean out my garage & make some more product that's about to come into demand.

53145672_10213887902853630_2800782511985131520_o.jpg

Personally, I'd much rather deal with a foot of dry snow (20 degrees F or below) than less than an inch at 30 degrees F. February looks like it's breaking snowfall records. I've already ran the blower more in the last month than I have in the last 3 years (guess I'll finally need to change the oil.....)

Predictions here are for 4-8" tonight, with gusts up to 50 mph. And I have maintenance from 0400 to 0800 tomorrow morning. In theory, I can do it all remotely, but if there's the slightest network hiccup...

Back