Taco soup and mini corn muffins

CaseT

TVWBB Platinum Member
Its been cold windy snowy rainy here. It let up enough for us to go out and play in the desert yesterday. It was still cold and the wind had a nasty bite. I decided that a hearty soup was the answer to kill the chill. Taco soup it had to be!

46411410564_3d82f5f85c_c.jpg

Little warming fire we had while playing in the dirt!

Taco soup:

3 cans of beans (Black,pinto,kidney) drained and rinsed

2 cans diced tomatoes

1 small can chopped chili peppers

1 can sliced olives

1 chopped walla walla sweet onion

2 pounds 80/20

2 batches of homemade taco seasoning.

taco seasoning recipe:

(1 tablespoon Chili powder, 1/4 teaspoon onion powder, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon cumin, 1/2 teaspoon Mexican oregano).

1 packet ranch dressing mix.

2 cans water. Plus or minus depending how thick or thin you want it.

If I had corn I would’ve added a bag of that but all I have is peas and that’s not gonna happen!

In a large dutch oven saute onion add ground beef and brown. Add all of the other ingredients and simmer for 1 hour (or more).

40170004993_19f1e017c4_c.jpg

32193016477_0df294d9b6_c.jpg

40169995033_26edeeff96_c.jpg

46220859875_5e915a9699_c.jpg

33259532458_e9a977fb6f_c.jpg

Once again, amazing job Case. I’m an avid outdoorsman and I have to say you’re getting top notch quality cooking in the field. Not easy. Thanks for the pics.

Once again, amazing job Case. I’m an avid outdoorsman and I have to say you’re getting top notch quality cooking in the field. Not easy. Thanks for the pics.

Thank you!

We like to eat well when we are out playing! We camp 3-4 times a month spring through late fall. So I get lots of practice ;) Since I haven't drawn a tag in a while I play camp cook when I go hunting with my buddies. Always nice to have some thing good to eat after a long hunt.

I’ve been on the chain saw this past week cleaning up the downed branches and burning them as I go. Getting some good firewood too. A bowl of your soup would sure hit the spot! Thanks for the recipe too.

I’ve been on the chain saw this past week cleaning up the downed branches and burning them as I go. Getting some good firewood too. A bowl of your soup would sure hit the spot! Thanks for the recipe too.

Thank you Cliff! Woke up to 3" of fresh snow and temps into the teens. Glad there's enough soup for a couple more bowls!

Back