Updating WSM legs to part #63022

Alex James

I guarantee this has been discussed, but I don't know how to navigate the "thread search" feature of the is forum. So Can someone explain how do I search threads as well.

But my question is, I have a 18.5 WSM bought around 2001, and my legs have bent. I would like to replace with the newer model legs, so pretty much my question is will they fit and who has the best price on them?

Thanks guys

Last edited:
I guarantee this has been discussed, but I don't know how to navigate the "thread search" feature of the is forum. So Can someone explain how do I search threads as well.

But my question is, I have a 18.5 WSM bought around 2001, and my legs have bent. I would like to replace with the newer model legs, so pretty much my question is will they fit and who has the best price on them?

Thanks guys

They dont appear to be the same part #'s, but that doesnt mean the newer ones wont work. I think the difference is the newer ones have tabs to hold the heat shield , and the older ones do not. Here is the older one (out of stock with this vendor):

https://www.ereplacementparts.com/leg-p-1475869.html

New legs:

https://www.ereplacementparts.com/leg-kit-p-1475844.html

To answer the price question, I wonder if weber could sell them cheaper, to be honest. Ereplacement parts is cool (they are housed in my town actually, so I can go pick parts up at will call), but they are not the cheapest. But since they keep such a wide variety or parts, sometimes they are the only choice.

Last edited:
The new legs will fit on an old WSM. I'd call Weber at 800-446-1071 for a price quote, they will ship FedEx Ground for a flat fee of $7, so you might as well order anything else you need at the same time. :D

Thanks for that info guys. Now that I have that knowledge, is it recommend I replace with the old design or new design? Whats the difference besides the ash disc at the bottom

Come to think of it, I don't believe Weber makes the old legs anymore, so that probably should have been said as part of the original answer to your question!

Still, the new legs are better because they are wider and sturdier than the old legs. And for added safety, you can get the heat shield and hang it from the new legs below the charcoal bowl.

Old leg:

leg.jpg

New leg:

18legs.jpg

Read others here done it.
New ones have a wider footprint, more stable.

But you could likely bend your own too.

Yea cool! Aluminum flat stock is easy to bend, I did it by hand when I made handles for my WSM.
Trying to get that radius on the bottom might take making a jig and using a 3/4" dowel or PVC.
Keep us posted on your results.

Tim

Back