Its been awhile, couple questions

Ryan Dor

So i was on here a bunch in the spring and summer, I bought an early model Summit 6 burner, it was NG, I was looking for a replacement LG manifold for it, finding one was impossible, one site had a new one for $279 plus shipping, not gonna happen. Long story short, just bought a new house and the previous owner has an NG line already set up on the deck for his Weber. So im back in the game, ive got the grill all cleaned, new hardware, new paint, but I was holding off on GRATES and BURNERS until i found the new manifold that I no longer need so my questions are:

1. Do i get Weber burner (need 6 + ignition) or is there a compatible company that makes the same stuff cheaper
2. Grates, Im gonna need 3, mine were shot and broken, what options should I look at and where are the best prices/ compatible models

Thanks!

Damn how on earth did you break those heavy stainless grates? The 1st gen Summits all came with the very heavy 3/8" stainless rod grates. Unless you have a 2nd gen which came with the cheap stamped steel ones. If that is the case contact RCPlanebuyer. He's got the best ones going and he makes them regularly for those Summits (2nd gens)

Yeah the grates were busted when I got the grill, ill contact RCPlanebuyer on a new set. Any ideas on the burners? should i just get the set I found for $86 or is there somewhere I can go to get some cheaper??

Ryan I would look on amazon and ebay for your burners. They sometimes have non OEM burners and grates. Usually for quite a bit less. The quality varies but some forum members say the ones they have purchased are really good.

Yes that's a 1st gen but broken grates?! Got me shakin my head here. Are we talkin the heavy 3/8" rod grates or did someone put the el cheapo stamped ones in it? If the rod type was broken hell you'd have to drive a truck over them to hurt them

If they are SS rod grates, the only thing I could think of is that they welds broke.

Back