Pandora vs Amazon Unlimited

Clint

TVWBB Olympian
I've subscribed to Pandora since 2012 and will continue to do so, but I notice amazon unlimited @ $7.99/mo

anyone try both?

Last edited:
Spotify is my source for music, by far. I gave up on amazon long ago when they didn’t have a lot of what I wanted to listen to. That was prime, not unlimited, but I’ve never regretted going with Spotify.
Tim

Only subscription for me right now is SiriusXM. I managed to get them down to $2.00 for 90 days. Only caveat is I need to make sure to call them prior to the 90 days to either reup or cancel. IIRC my brother said he's only paying them about $5.00 mo. Only reason I like the XM radio is I don't have to link my phone to listen every time I get in the car. I can simply push the pre set for 50's on 5, 60's on 6 or the soul station I like and a couple others. What I don't like is unlike Pandora I can't make a mixed channel. But I use Pandora free so I have to put up with commercials

I have Amazon Unlimited as part of my Amazon Prime, I think anyway. I can't recall my exact arrangement and I need to look into it ................. but anyway, my only problem with Unlimited is navigation through the app. its difficult. My genre of music is blues/rock and I have no complaints with their library.

Right now on Amazon Unlimited, I'm listening to Tedeschi Trucks Band new album " Signs " , that was just released today .

I've been very happy with Unlimited.

And btw, I've been through the album once, and its a lot more Susan than Derek, which is the path the TTB has been on since its inception. Me , I wanna hear more Derek.

I've pretty much got every CD I've ever owned ripped and if I'm not listening to podcasts in my car I'm typically listening to that on my phone via bluetooth into the car stereo. I also still buy and rip CD's. Sometimes I put the actual CD into the car's deck like a caveman. I guess I'm an idiot Luddite. I did have Sirius XM for a long time but I had to cut expenses. To quit Sirius XM you almost need to put a gun to their head. Even the few times I tried to switch service to a different car it was a 45 minute ordeal.

Well, I came close to buying TTB's CD today, even though I can listen basically free on Unlimited. There's something bout owning the CD, or especially , the vinyl album. Back in the day, I use to get those album covers and study every word on them, cause we did not have the internet for info on the music.

And just this week, I almost pulled the trigger on The Allman Brothers " Eat a Peach " Deluxe remastered CD. Again, I've got it on Unlimited ............but

I have my tunes on whatever comes free with Prime.
Wife uses free Pandora to link to her Explorer, our cell service doesn't charge data usage for it.
It's safe to say that none of my tunes are from the past 25 years, maybe a couple.
None of the modern stuff, no matter the genre, appeals to me.

Bob, IDK what your music tastes are, but if its Classic Rock, this young lady is keeping it alive ......... and there's some more like her, they cover the classic stuff and then write some new stuff that's really good, but if your tastes are country ..... I feel for ya, country music is more like pop,nowadays.

You all would probably shake your heads at my playlist. :)
Lots of early Van Morrison, Wilson Pickett, and Chuck Berry, to name a few.
Off the top of my head, a couple by Dire Straights, some Jimmy Buffet, Rod Stewart, Fleetwood Mac, Jerry Lee, and some by a bunch of others of all genres.
No Beatles, heard all their songs way too many times. NO RAP!
I agree Lynn, country has gone down the tubes, but I like a lot of the oldies.

I'm a hard rock/metal guy and they just won't play anything new on the radio.
The last truck I bought came with a free Sirius XM subscription. I quickly told Pammi that I was going to keep it! I rationalized with her that the stations were nationwide, so we wouldn't have to search for new radio stations every hour or so while traveling.
I have the mostly music subscription, which comes out to $11 a month. Well worth it to get me through traffic on my way to and from work!
And, in the delivery truck, I have 500 some albums on my iPod.
And, I add an album or 2 each month to keep things fresh and head banging! :cool::D

I finally gave up my Sirius sub sometime around 2008. I loved the constant introduction to new music. Pandora's good like that too, now I only listen to sat radio on the off chance a friend's car has it. I'm certain I'd still like my own sub.

......trying to think of my favorite channel......... hee haw hell (rockabilly), industrial disease, lots of ska....... it's been a while!

Last edited:
Yep not Beatles or any of the sissy british invasion groups like Jerry and the Pacemakers and all their ilk. Can't stand that garbage. Gimme good rock,, love doo wop, folk i,e, Gordon Lightfoot, and some others. I know my kids almost dropped their jaws when they found I like Ozzie (not Nelson either) LOL. Also enjoy Christian Rock/Contemporary as well

I use amazon music.

The pre-made playlists are better, and longer, than pandora or spotify.

Got tired of stations that had twenty songs, from two artists albums.

And its cheaper.

Selection is less in some things, more in others.

Most of todays country does suck, on mainstream radio, particularly male artists. Women suck less. but theres plenty of good artists out there, singing traditional country, as well as bluegrass, newgrass, americana. You just have to search a little. Often found under roots or red dirt country .

I drive a lot for work commuting to other stated. I listen to a lot of various music.

Last edited:
Right now on Amazon Unlimited, I'm listening to Tedeschi Trucks Band new album " Signs " , that was just released today .

I've been very happy with Unlimited.

And btw, I've been through the album once, and its a lot more Susan than Derek, which is the path the TTB has been on since its inception. Me , I wanna hear more Derek.

As albums go ......... the more I listen to this , the more I really like it. Its not as good as their live stuff, but its good.

I have Amazon Prime, not unlimited. I listen to Pandora - free version. I like Pandora because now that I've played along and given songs I like the thumbs up and the ones I don't the thumbs down, the music I like is dialed in very well. Sure, it has commercials, but I'm willing to live with that given that it's free. I also have all my CD's on a single ram drive/stick and have that plugged into the USB in my truck. So if I just want to listen to an album I can play it commercial free. I can also shuffle the songs and hear songs I haven't heard in awhile. It's about 10GB (compressed format) and 2500 songs (about 125 hours of music). So I'm good for a road trip if I can't get a signal.

My new car came with an internet connection via cellular and the Spotify app built in. Spotify sent me a teaser rate of $0.99 for three months so I gave it a try. I am totally sold on it - just love it. I run it through my Sonos and my computers too. I have been an XM and then Serius user for many years, but will forego that when my trial is up unless they give me a crazy low rate. Spotify is an order of magnitude better in my opinion.

Back