Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Popcorn

Why have you "had to switch"? If you do it properly with good healthy oils i.e. regular grade olive oil (no taste and higher smoke point) or grape seed oil (peanut oil too) no taste high smoke point there is no health reason to not pan pop. I could see leaving the butter off but even that, if you use high grade grass fed organic butter which is very high in omega 3 fats you're fine

TVWBB Fan
    None of the above. Can't stand long enough to take good care of it on the stove. That is why DH now has to do all the cooking. I wasn't about having him make me popcorn so I use the bag stuff in the microwave.
    Last edited by Joan; 05-21-2019 at 06:05 PM.

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian Bob Correll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joan View Post
    None of the above. Can't stand long enough to take good care of it on the stove. That is why DH now has to do all the cooking. I wasn't about having him make me popcorn so I use the bag stuff in the microwave.
    Sorry to hear that, Joan.
    I highly recommend trying a Nordic Ware micro popper, or similar, it's so much better than the bagged stuff.

Wow, I'm learning a lot from this thread. I wasn't aware that a popcorn popper could have almost 4,000 customer reviews!

Nordic Ware Microwave Popcorn Popper, Red: https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/A...9XJDIK/tvwb-20

By the way, my wife say no to getting one. "Too many things coming into the house." I guess two NIB WSMs sitting in the dining room are wearing out their welcome.

Doesn't having them in the dining room make a lot of excess smoke in the house?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Allingham View Post

By the way, my wife say no to getting one. "Too many things coming into the house." I guess two NIB WSMs sitting in the dining room are wearing out their welcome.
    I'm can take care of those for ya, Chris. Happy to take one for the team.
    ; ; ;

Well I took the three quart pan out of the cabinet tonight, added some oil and popcorn and made a batch. Added some salt after dumping it in a bowl. I think I have about $2 into this endeavor so far and I’m pretty happy with the results. My future quest will be to see if some gourmet kernels will make a difference and work on some flavoring. Flavoring is actually a bit of a challenge since DW cannot consume dairy. Not a choice, she gets sick if she does. Nothing like a new little hobby. Gotta say, the results come through a lot quicker than the BBQ’ing (a few minutes versus many hours). Of course no smoke ring.
    1880 / Genesis S-320 / Jumbo Joe

Try finding a Boy Scout and get some Boy Scout popcorn it's amazing. Best I have EVER found

Grandson was a Boy Scout for a short time. I’m sure I can connect from someone in his troop. Thanks.
    1880 / Genesis S-320 / Jumbo Joe

Thumbs up

I received my Stir Crazy 5/11/19 & it's going in the trash 5/24/19. I just went to use it again, wiped it out with a paper towel & the non-stick coating has worn off exposing the gray/aluminum underneath. I'm sure I've been eating that coating for a few days now.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast