Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Popcorn

TVWBB Super Fan
    For many years my dad popped popcorn at night on stovetop.....nearly every weeknight. The shaking across burner rubbed hole in electric burner element and hole thru bottom of aluminum pot eventually.

When air poppers came out, switched to it for ease. But without oil salt doesnt stick. Melted butter is a must.to have salt stick.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinB View Post
    For many years my dad popped popcorn at night on stovetop.....nearly every weeknight. The shaking across burner rubbed hole in electric burner element and hole thru bottom of aluminum pot eventually.

When air poppers came out, switched to it for ease. But without oil salt doesnt stick. Melted butter is a must.to have salt stick.
    I use a stainless steel pan on a cast iron grate of a gas stove, so I donít think I could wear a hole in either, but I did think about the abrasion of rubbing those two surfaces together so I lift the pan a bit before I shake it. I donít think you need to shake it that much anyway. I remember shaking it a lot as a kid but I think that was unnecessary and just how we were taught.
    1880 / Genesis S-320 / Jumbo Joe

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678